Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best work environment wifi place?

Options
  • 09-09-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I find I get more work done on the computer when I'm out somewhere public in a cafe or whatever as opposed to being at home and dossing about. Can anyone recommend anywhere that you can just go for a tea/sambo and use their wifi and get some paperwork done without being hassled? Avoca in Rathcoole upstairs is a good place, was able to use their plugs and everything. Anywhere a bit closer though?

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Bit closer to where exactly?

Most McDonald's seem to have free wifi these days, haven't tried it myself but it could be an option I guess.

Can't think of anywhere else off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sorry, I meant a bit closer to Dun Laoghaire :)

McDonalds wouldn't really appeal to me, I'm picky :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Try down in the harbour in Dun Laoghaire, they have a few Wifi operators sending out their signal. Little coffee shop in the ferry terminal or just sit outside in the sun

cormie wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant a bit closer to Dun Laoghaire :)

McDonalds wouldn't really appeal to me, I'm picky :p

Yeah, wouldn't really appeal to me either.

Actually now that I think of it, I seem to remember getting free wifi on Blackrock Main Street. I think it was coming from Café Java (which is a great spot actually).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

usurf Internet cafe On the mainstreet (beside weirs) have Hot-desks where you can Use your laptop and Munch/coffee to your hearts content

think its 3 euro an hour

• Advertisement

Main st Dun Laoghaire? Don't know it and don't even know weirs :p

cormie wrote: »
    Main st Dun Laoghaire? Don't know it and don't even know weirs :p
    It's down towards the Bloomfield end of town just past Penny's.

Thought that might have been the place AS was talking about, thanks :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yeah, wouldn't really appeal to me either.

Actually now that I think of it, I seem to remember getting free wifi on Blackrock Main Street. I think it was coming from Café Java (which is a great spot actually).

Great eggs Benedict!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Many public libraries have free wifi and are fairly conducive to quiet work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement