Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tivial question re ladies calling back

Options
  • 09-09-2008 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Wanted to ask a trivial question here. I'm a single lad who does fine at the dating scene. The other night I met a girl whilst out. Numbers exchanged and the chemistry was there with a bit of tactile behaviour etc by both of us. We both agreed that we'd like to meet again and she seemed genuinely keen. I rang her last night and left a message. I have'nt heard back since. She is slightly shy (in a sweet way) but her keeness made me assume that she'd respond to my call sooner. Would you be of the opinion that its normal to call back the next day (or later) or that maybe I've recieved a hint that she mightn't be interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You left a message last night.
    Give the girl a chance to get back to you before you start stressing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Yeah seriously, at least give it a full 24 hours before even attempting to stress or think that you're being given the cold shoulder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 haveacigar

Thanks folks. Yep I reckon you're right. I guess I'm normally used to getting a quicker response. Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Well as a girl I'd phone back if someone left me a message,but you only left it last night. She could have been out when you phoned and it might have been late when she got it or would have been in a position to call you. Then she could be at work today, so it could be tonight before she gets back to you. Don't worry yet.......just wait and see what happens.

Ta for the advise. Ah yeah I'm sure its just me being used the the faster replies. Cheers:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yes, faster replies... You lethario, you.

But seriously, relax. She's probably busy or out of credit. Or in the worst case scenario... She was a prick tease or isn't interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

If she is into you, last night she was probably thinking

I won't text him now so I don't appear desperate

or she is probably sitting in work thinking

oohhh will I ring him now?......No he's probably in work.

Will I send him a text?.....No I don't know what to say.

I'll ring him at 9.00 tonight.

etc. etc.

Relax she'll probably ring. But we all know how hard it is to wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭tinkletoes

If she is into you, last night she was probably thinking

I won't text him now so I don't appear desperate

or she is probably sitting in work thinking

oohhh will I ring him now?......No he's probably in work.

Will I send him a text?.....No I don't know what to say.

I'll ring him at 9.00 tonight.

etc. etc.

Relax she'll probably ring. But we all know how hard it is to wait!!
    +1

Thanks for the feedback folks. Yeah heard from her last night so I guess it was just a slower response than I've had in the past. Cheers:)

Advertisement