Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 8th September 08 Spoilers

• 09-09-2008 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Y2J out first cuts a promo.

Mike Adamle comes out and congratulates Jericho. He says CM Punk suffered a concussion last night and was not medically cleared to wrestle. Adamle says Punk is not here tonight but next week on RAW, it will be CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Adamle says the match will take place inside a steel cage to make sure there is no interference from the outside. He makes Chris Jericho vs. Batista in tonight's RAW main event.

Candice Michelle comes to ringside and sits in a chair to watch the next match.

Women's Title Match: Beth Phoenix def Mickie James

winner of this match will face Candice Michelle at WWE No Mercy in a Women's Title match.

William Regal def Jamie Noble

CHL Charlie Haas Layfield def JBL

Evan Bourne and Rey Mysterio def John Morrison and The Miz

Randy Orton comes to ring cuts a promo

Out comes Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes and Manu they def Kofi Kingston and Cryme Tyme

Santino Marella def Snitsky

Chris Jericho & JBL def Batista

Pretty decent show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm not finding Charlie Haas entertaining at all

The crowd enjoyed Evan Bourne a lot

The Kane/Mysterio thing is so bad. So now Kane's mask is in it. I'm not following any of it

Jericho was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Steel Cage match on Raw next week sounds good. But it doesn't really stop outside interference!
    HBK or Orton to come out and spoil it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

Fozzy wrote: »
    The Kane/Mysterio thing is so bad. So now Kane's mask is in it. I'm not following any of it

I take it that the angle is that Kane wants to de-mask Mysterio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'm not finding Charlie Haas entertaining at all

i am actually! i find it funny and hope it goes for a while!
    Spike440 wrote: »
    I take it that the angle is that Kane wants to de-mask Mysterio?

woop dee doo! :rolleyes:

that happened years ago on wcw, i dont really care about this storyline at all!

I liked Charlito and Cena, but CHL wasn't that great at all. It was too hammy.

I must admit, i am kinda surprised that the crowd didn't pop for Kane's old mask. Isn't that what people have wanted for years? and when they get it they don't care?

Jericho was hilarious at the start! I was in tears laughing.

"What kinda man would do this to another human being?

Shawn Michaels, thats who!"

As if Jericho never meant any harm on Shawn in the first place. I love Jericho. Still think they're running the risk of spreading him to thin by having him involved with the World Title, too, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I must admit, i am kinda surprised that the crowd didn't pop for Kane's old mask. Isn't that what people have wanted for years? and when they get it they don't care?.

its that it took too long, now they just dont care about kane full stop! i kno i couldnt be bothered if he wore a mask or not! and the rey story;line is rediculous, rey comin out on raw and batterin kane before unforgiven was just laughable!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

As grames_bond said no one really cares about Kane. Most of the crowd would likely not know what that mask was much like they had no idea who D-Lo was when he debut. A decent majority of the WWE's audience turns over every few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

When did Kane drop the mask? It wasn't that long ago was it?

Spike440 wrote: »
    When did Kane drop the mask? It wasn't that long ago was it?

Summer of 2003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

rovert wrote: »
    Summer of 2003

Jesus Im Getting old
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I turned it off after the women's match (which was atrociously bad which is unusual for those two). From looking at what happened afterwards it appears I made the right call.

I turned it off after the women's match (which was atrociously bad which is unusual for those two). From looking at what happened afterwards it appears I made the right call.

Not really unless to were watching it live and needed the sleep of course. As the tag match was awesome.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

I enjoyed the ECW Scramble, Y2J v HBK and the ending to the Raw Scramble. It was an average PPV overall. The Taker/Show segment was a bit annoying. For a guy who destroyed Edge a few weeks ago, he was made to look very weak by Show.

As for Raw, meh! A few enjoyable bits but yet again nothing special. Smackdown is by far the better show right now in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Well i always sky + raw and usually end up forwarding through most of it but that tag match with evan bourne was one of the best ive seen in years.

Evan bourne stole the show I reckon. And that shooting star press was amazing....and how he didnt botch that hurricanerana over the top rope I dont know. I think most of the WWE anymore is pretty bad but there wasnt a dull moment in that tag match.

On a side note The big Show turning heel again seemed a bit stupid...and was cm punk injured before unforgiven in that he couldnt compete? I like jericho but cm punk has looked like a joke as a champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

That womens match was horrible, they blew near every move and it looked awkward for the whole thing. That kind of reaction on Raw for Bourne will be very good for him and him and Mysterio stole the show.

joe123 wrote: »
    Well i always sky + raw and usually end up forwarding through most of it but that tag match with evan bourne was one of the best ive seen in years.

Evan bourne stole the show I reckon. And that shooting star press was amazing....and how he didnt botch that hurricanerana over the top rope I dont know. I think most of the WWE anymore is pretty bad but there wasnt a dull moment in that tag match.

I hope WWE moves Bourne to Raw and makes the team full time.
    On a side note The big Show turning heel again seemed a bit stupid.

Smackdown needs more heels though
    ...and was cm punk injured before unforgiven in that he couldnt compete? I like jericho but cm punk has looked like a joke as a champion.

Randy Orton attacked him backstage and gave him a concussion. CM Punk was never meant to be a dominant champion, it doesnt fit his character or his true place on the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

That Bourne guy looked very sharp.

dlofnep wrote: »
    That Bourne guy looked very sharp.

On live TV too, no editing here. According to what I heard Bourne is contracted under his developmental contract meaning he is getting paid $500 a week basic (excluding what he gets on houseshows.) As you with that he has to pay all his travel expenses. Think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Hopefully, that match will open their eyes to the fact that he is worth a fair bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

rovert wrote: »

Randy Orton attacked him backstage and gave him a concussion. CM Punk was never meant to be a dominant champion, it doesnt fit his character or his true place on the card.

Yeah but that was in the script. What im wondering is did cm punk really get injured so that he couldnt compete and this "attack" was just to cover him or was it in the script all along for him not to defend his title?

What show does evan bourne wrestle in is it ECW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What show does evan bourne wrestle in is it ECW?

He is on the ECW roster, but was put on raw as a 'talent exchange'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He's amazing, always has been since I first saw him around 2004-ish. He's so beautifully smooth and fluid in everything he does and he NEVER botches his spots. They should push him to the moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

flahavaj wrote: »
    He's amazing, always has been since I first saw him around 2004-ish. He's so beautifully smooth and fluid in everything he does and he NEVER botches his spots. They should push him to the moon.

Totally agree with this, i wanna see more of him, a lot more countless hours where im just going, "that was pretty dam cool".

Yeah but that was in the script. What im wondering is did cm punk really get injured so that he couldnt compete and this "attack" was just to cover him or was it in the script all along for him not to defend his title?

It was scripted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Can Bourne cut a promo? If he can he has a very nice future if not its mid card for life for him as their is many people who can jump very high in the air in WWE at the moment! Also a cage match with Punk and Jericho and nobody can get in? I assume that promise by Mike will not stop Cade, Michaels, Orton, Priceless,and the Samoan dude getting involved:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Can Bourne cut a promo? If he can he has a very nice future if not its mid card for life for him as their is many people who can jump very high in the air in WWE at the moment! Also a cage match with Punk and Jericho and nobody can get in? I assume that promise by Mike will not stop Cade, Michaels, Orton, Priceless,and the Samoan dude getting involved:rolleyes:

Promos were never his strength! Although he did improve a good bit by the time he last appeared in ROH

Advertisement