Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2

• 09-09-2008 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Sunday, Sep. 14
    Buffalo at Jacksonville 1:00 pm CBS
    Chicago at Carolina 1:00 pm FOX
    Tennessee at Cincinnati 1:00 pm CBS
    New Orleans at Washington 1:00 pm FOX
    Green Bay at Detroit 1:00 pm FOX
    N.Y. Giants at St. Louis 1:00 pm FOX
    Oakland at Kansas City 1:00 pm CBS
    Indianapolis at Minnesota 1:00 pm CBS
    San Francisco at Seattle 4:05 pm FOX
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay 4:05 pm FOX
    Miami at Arizona 4:15 pm CBS
    New England at N.Y. Jets 4:15 pm CBS
    Baltimore at Houston 4:15 pm CBS
    San Diego at Denver 4:15 pm CBS
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland 8:15 pm NBC

Monday, Sep. 15
    Philadelphia at Dallas 8:30 pm ESPN

Sky Sports Games

Sunday
    Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions 6.00pm
    Indianapolis Colts @ Minnesota Vikings 6.00pm (Active)
    New England Patriots @ New York Jets 9.00pm
    San Diego Chargers @ Denver Broncos 9.00pm (Active)
    Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns 1.30am

Monday
    Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys 1.30am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Week's Predictions
    7-9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I was 9-7 for last week.

The first week is the hardest to choose because the can be so unwarrent hype for certain teams. The Bills beating the Seahawls wasnt extremly suprising but how they did it was. Bengals looked terrible against the Ravens.

Ill hold off making my selections till l8r in the week.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Last Week's Predictions
    6-10

Arent you 7-9? You picked Giants, Ravens, Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Cowboys, Broncos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A horrific 7-9 for me last week.

Sunday, Sep. 14
    Buffalo at Jacksonville Jags were poor last week, Bills were impressive, Jags at home could be good but gotta give the Bills this one.
    Chicago at Carolina Now I should have picked the Bears last week, I fancy them to go a long way this year and I just couldn't see them beating Indy at home.
    Tennessee at Cincinnati I'll give that Bengals offense another chance to shine. High scoring game on here I'd say.
    New Orleans at Washington Saints had a good opening week, and the Redskins will take time to gel as was evident last week. I pick the Saints but I think the Redskins will have a big say later in the season, even though it will probably be too late to make the playoffs
    Green Bay at Detroit Now this is one of those ones for me, Detroit did not turn up last week and Rodgers got his perfect start but the Lions at home are a completely different team most weeks. I pick the Lions
    N.Y. Giants at St. Louis Hows about the Giants win by 40. I really fancy a blowout here.
    Oakland at Kansas City Raiders looked awful to me last week, I don't think you can repair that much in one week so the Chiefs.
    Indianapolis at Minnesota A team which will be seething after a home defeat last week against a team that will be in the horrors after losing to bitter rivals the Packers last week. One of three super match ups this week. I go with the Vikings.
    San Francisco at Seattle Bad game but Seahawks
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay This could be tight so home team for me.
    Miami at Arizona I just don't know about this one, the Cards beat the 49ers and the Jets beat the Dolphins at home, I really think the Cards will take this one.
    New England at N.Y. Jets Nothing neutral about it, this is game of the week for me. Our new man, Matt Cassel to shut the media up with a good solid start. Patriots all the way.
    Baltimore at Houston McClain to have a field day and run riot against a team who could not stop the run last week. Ravens win.
    San Diego at Denver What can you say about the Chargers, their offense woke up with 10 minutes left in the 4th and looked mightily impressive. Denver looked really good last night but this is a lot tougher. Broncos are always impressive at Mile high and I'm going for them, I liked this Eddie Royal and they looked a complete package against a very poor Raiders.
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland Wow its a rough start for the Browns, the Cowboys last week and now the Steelers and Parker back to his best.

Monday, Sep. 15
    Philadelphia at Dallas Great start for the Eagles and a team I like but the Cowboys did enough last week to shut me up and set me straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Jacksonville
    Carolina
    Tennessee
    New Orleans
    Green Bay
    N.Y. Giants
    Kansas City
    Minnesota
    Seattle
    Tampa Bay
    Arizona
    N.Y. Jets
    Houston
    San Diego
    Pittsburgh

Dallas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Hmmm so I was must have been looking at it wrong...my bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Sunday, Sep. 14
    Buffalo at Jacksonville 1:00 pm CBS Jags to rebound
    Chicago at Carolina 1:00 pm FOX Tough one to call-but if Carolina can win in SD, then surely a home win is not above them....
    Tennessee at Cincinnati 1:00 pm CBS Jeez, Titans have a good defence-maybe as good as the Ravens, and have a great 1-2 RB combination
    New Orleans at Washington 1:00 pm FOX NO looked mighty good in parts on Sunday
    Green Bay at Detroit 1:00 pm FOX Can't win in Atlanta against a rookie QB? GTF out.
    N.Y. Giants at St. Louis 1:00 pm FOX Just because
    Oakland at Kansas City 1:00 pm CBS Coin toss
    Indianapolis at Minnesota 1:00 pm CBS Hmm, 2 playoff favourites, who will be 0-2? I say Peyton gets the W, but if we see the Colts run defence of old.....
    San Francisco at Seattle 4:05 pm FOX Seattle probably aren't as bad as Week 1 would suggest
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay 4:05 pm FOX Bucs were pretty impressive in parts on Sunday-if Galloway and Brees get in synch, then the W is theirs.
    Miami at Arizona 4:15 pm CBS Meh, Cardinals to get the W at home.
    New England at N.Y. Jets 4:15 pm CBS NE fired up for this one.
    Baltimore at Houston 4:15 pm CBS Both could be irrelevant by season end.
    San Diego at Denver 4:15 pm CBS I foresee another slow start for the Bolts-surely they are too good not to go the playoffs??
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland 8:15 pm NBC My boys looked about a month away from fitness/sharpness against the Cowboys. Pitt OL isn't as good as Dallas, but probably doesn't need to be.

Monday, Sep. 15
    Philadelphia at Dallas 8:30 pm ESPN Game of the week? Even without Marion the Barbarian, Felix the Cat can hurt you baad. This could be a high scoring shootout.

Last week: 10-6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Sunday, Sep. 14
    Buffalo at Jacksonville 1:00 pm CBS - I cant se Jags going 0-2.
    Chicago at Carolina 1:00 pm FOX -Tough game, but with home advantage I think Panthers will take it.
    Tennessee at Cincinnati 1:00 pm CBS - Bungles are in alot of trouble this season
    New Orleans at Washington 1:00 pm FOX -Another difficult one but I'll go with the saints
    Green Bay at Detroit 1:00 pm FOX - Should be a stroll in the park
    N.Y. Giants at St. Louis 1:00 pm FOX - Another top 5 pick for the Rams come April it seems
    Oakland at Kansas City 1:00 pm CBS - ugh
    Indianapolis at Minnesota 1:00 pm CBS - I think colts pass game will step up and take this one comfotably
    San Francisco at Seattle 4:05 pm FOX - Just going on home advantage
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay 4:05 pm FOX - Falcons had an excellent 1st game and the bucs did well despite losing but I'll go with Tampa here.
    Miami at Arizona 4:15 pm CBS - Not excactly a neutral dream match. Taking the home team again.
    New England at N.Y. Jets 4:15 pm CBS - Jets to win here. Better QB after all. :pac:
    Baltimore at Houston 4:15 pm CBS - Ravens for me, could go either way
    San Diego at Denver 4:15 pm CBS - Another difficult one to call. I still dont think Denver are great and if Norv cops on a gives LT the ball they should sntach this one. However a win here for Denver would be huge.
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland 8:15 pm NBC - Steelers here by 10

Monday, Sep. 15
    Philadelphia at Dallas 8:30 pm ESPN - Home adv. here.

Some very tough game to call. Definitly looking forward to next week alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Buffalo at Jacksonville
    Chicago at Carolina
    Tennessee at Cincinnati
    New Orleans at Washington
    Green Bay at Detroit
    N.Y. Giants at St. Louis
    Oakland at Kansas City
    Indianapolis at Minnesota
    San Francisco at Seattle
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay
    Miami at Arizona
    New England at N.Y. Jets
    Baltimore at Houston
    San Diego at Denver
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland
    Philadelphia at Dallas

8-8 Season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Sunday, Sep. 14
    Buffalo at Jacksonville
    Chicago at Carolina
    Tennessee at Cincinnati
    Green Bay at Detroit
    N.Y. Giants at St. Louis
    Oakland at Kansas City
    San Francisco at Seattle
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay
    Miami at Arizona
    New England at N.Y. Jets
    Baltimore at Houston
    San Diego at Denver
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland

Monday, Sep. 15
    Philadelphia at Dallas

Neither Colts or Vikings should go 0-2, but someone will, and I think the Colts are too good to play poorly again.
    And yes, I genuinely think the side with the best QB in the AFC East will beat the team with the worst QB in the AFC East.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    New England at N.Y. Jets 4:15 pm CBS NE fired up for this one.

Jets will be too. They came very close last year, but for a great display by Brady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Buffalo at Jacksonville - Jags are better than they showed last week, and should win.
    Chicago at Carolina - Bears should play hard and continue a good start.
    Tennessee at Cincinnati - Vince Young's being weird. Chad Ocho Cinco to shine.
    New Orleans at Washington - Redskins looked poor first game.
    Green Bay at Detroit - A New Hope.
    N.Y. Giants at St. Louis - Sometimes I wonder why I let Madden 03 influence me into supporting the Rams. Times like opening weekend. Rams to play better, but Giants are too good.
    Oakland at Kansas City - Both of these teams suck.
    Indianapolis at Minnesota - tough one, but Jackson is really not a starting NFL quarterback.
    San Francisco at Seattle - divisional upset.
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay - Gruden to shout Matt Ryan into submission, Bucs to take a W.
    Miami at Arizona - Kurt Warner was the right choice, and they'll win.
    New England at N.Y. Jets - it's not that the Patriots don't have a better team all around, it's just that they'll still be in shock. It'll take them a couple of weeks before Cassell or the replacement vet who is probably coming settles them down again.
    Baltimore at Houston - Texans looking decent this year.
    San Diego at Denver - Chargers are stacked, and should win.
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland - Steelers are still a good team.
    Philadelphia at Dallas - Game of the week. Hype is there to be dispelled. McNabb to have another incredible day and keep the Eagles on the right path.

davyjose wrote: »
    Jets will be too. They came very close last year, but for a great display by Brady.
    And Moss iirc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sunday, Sep. 14

Buffalo at Jacksonville
    Chicago at Carolina
    Tennessee at Cincinnati
    Green Bay at Detroit
    N.Y. Giants at St. Louis
    Oakland at Kansas City
    San Francisco at Seattle
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay
    Miami at Arizona
    New England at N.Y. Jets
    Baltimore at Houston
    San Diego at Denver
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland

Monday, Sep. 15

Philadelphia at Dallas

Favre to do over the Pats (hopefully!)

LJ to run amuck against the Raiders D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

9-7 for me last week. Not too bad given the huge shocks involved I think.

Sunday, Sep. 14

Buffalo look good this season but I really think that the Jags will step it up at home this week and take this one in a tight game where both teams rely on their running backs.

The Panthers had a close and slightly fortunate win over the chargers who didn't bother showing up until the 4th quarter. The Bears DOMINATED the Colts with Forte looking like a star. I think this will be a low scoring afair though as Carolina will stack up to stop the run and force Kyle Orton to beat them through the air. Carolina wins by 3.

Vince Young is out for at least 4 weeks (if they find him!) and Cinci looked likethe Bungels of old in week 1. A very though one to call but I think Cinci will click this week and if they do then they put up some big numbers here.

Washington looked shocking in week 1 on both Off and Def. The Saints on the other hand looked dominant. If their D has improved as much as it seems they're a real threat to the whole NFC this season. They should handle the Redskins easily enough.

The Packers looked good and the Lions looked poor. I expect this to continue. One thing that should be noted is Calvin Johnson had 100 yards in week 1, expect him to continue to put up big numbers while the lions continue to struggle.

The Rams may be the worst team in the NFL. But they have got Stephen Jackson who is a top 3 running back. The Giants beat the redskins but they really struggled to put them away. Plaxico however will have a field day against the Rams and I expect this to be a pretty convincing win for the defending champs.

Two very poor teams. The Raiders have two very solid running backs and they have Walker to come back. He might make this game, if he does then they should win if not the Chiefs take it. I'm gonna go with the Chiefs here though.

Indy need to rebound but so do Minny. I think this is going to be a huge game for Jackson. He's looking like a worse version of Mike Vick and if he doesn't step it up then the Vikes will have to look elsewhere. Indy takes it by14.

Seattle are in trouble. They have NO widerecievers at all and are on a major downturn all over the field with Peterson being their one star. The 49ers however are just as bad. I think that homefield makes the difference here and the Seahawks get a win.

The Bucs are a well coached team and did well to keep it close against the saints. There is no way in hell Turner runs for 200 yards against the Bucs. Tampa takes this one and the Falcons go down.

Miami were not too shabby against the Jets despite what people think. However with the Cards being the home team they'll take this one. Warner will steer the cards to a nice 2-0 start.

If Brady was in I'd be picking the Pats but the Jets have a solid QB (at this stage that's all Favre is) and a solid team to back him up. They take the win and New Jersey is partying like they just won the superbowl.

The Texans are a poor team. The Ravens aren't too much better but their D is looking very solid. The Raven take this one and put the Texans in a 0-2 hole. I'm hoping a rested McGahee has a big game (purely from a selfish fantasy standpoint!).

The Chargers bounce back and show that the Broncos aren't as good as they looked against the Raiders. I'd be shocked if Royal makes the same kind of impact in this game.

The Steelers should be too good for the Browns. With Brady down and Indy not looking like the Colts of previous years the Steelers are my current pick to represent the AFC in the Superbowl (counting on the regular San Diego choke job!). That Browns D is still very suspect.

Monday, Sep. 15
    The Big one. Eagles looked awesome in week 1 but it was only the Rams. The Cowboys looked awesome in week 1 but it was only the Browns. The Cowboys are favs here but the Eagles could pull off a shock if McNabb gets into a rythm. The Cowboys will win this one inspite of Tony romo who I predict to have a poor game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I know i didnt post my predictions here this week but i was 9-7 on another site (inc Bears win over Colts but i am biased there)

Sunday, Sep. 14

Buffalo at Jacksonville. - Jags to bounce back after last week
    Chicagoat Carolina - Bears defense to win it again
    Tennessee at Cincinnati - Loss of Young will hurt Titans, Bengals to improve from last week
    New Orleans at Washington - Saints to maintain great form from last week
    Green Bay at Detroit - Detroit were bad last week, Rodgers was good, same again
    N.Y. Giants at St. Louis - Rams were very bad last week, same again
    Oakland at Kansas City - Johnson likes running against the Raiders so should prevail in a poor game
    Indianapolis at Minnesota - Colts to bounce back
    San Francisco at Seattle - Seahawks dont have a run and now dont have the receivers, 49ers should capitalise
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay - Bucs to stop Turner in his tracks and then really test Ryan
    Miami at Arizona - 50/50 with home field advantage to count
    New England at N.Y. Jets - Just think Cassel will be prepared as ever for this and come through a very tight match
    Baltimore at Houston - Texans are bad so Ravens to sneak it
    San Diego at Denver - Chargers to bounce back
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland - Steelers offense looks great and should be favs for the AFC Championship now
    Philadelphia at Dallas - 2 good performnces in week 1, Dallas to make home field count

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Another good win on the road for the Bears this week I think.

We could realistically be top of the NFC north by two wins by the time we play anyone else in it!

Buffalo at Jacksonville
    Chicago at Carolina
    Tennessee at Cincinnati
    Green Bay at Detroit
    N.Y. Giants at St. Louis
    Oakland at Kansas City
    San Francisco at Seattle
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay
    Miami at Arizona
    New England at N.Y. Jets
    Baltimore at Houston
    San Diego at Denver
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland
    Philadelphia at Dallas

Wow those picks were hard to make, a lot of evenly matched teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 N1977

There's a lot of close-calls this week.

Monday, Sep. 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Monday, Sep. 15

some really close ones for me here, in particular the 49ers and seahawks, not sure about the sea hawks this year at all but they at home so i went with them, also Indy really need to up their performance if they gonna beat the Vikings but ill keep faith with Peyton for now, San diego also dodgy but i feel they will give denver a little backlash from last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Texans game with the Ravens moved to Monday cause of the hurricane due to hit there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Monday

Baltimore at Houston ?
    Philadelphia at Dallas ESPN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Sunday, Sep. 14

Monday, Sep. 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sunday, Sep. 14

Monday, Sep. 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

kryogen wrote: »
    Texans game with the Ravens moved to Monday cause of the hurricane due to hit there

Which won't happen because of Damages caused by Ike to Reliant stadium.With the force of the storm that was headed straight for Texas they had to know that damage was probable for the stadium (Hurricane Rita a few years back caused the same damage as Ike has) so rather then rescheduling it they should defintely have played it at a netural venue.

Linkage

Might have been difficult to find a suitable venue, and the Texans didn't want to do that anyway, so just as handy to move around some bye weeks!

Aaron Rodgers running amuck at the minute:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Trampas

colts getting run over and can't run themselves.

team is in a bad state with the injuries

Vinateri missing an easy FG...that's when you know the Colts are really in trouble!

Colts drawing.

Lions now winning.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lions / Packers has been some game in the second half. However - the Lions gave up a huge pass play on defense just after taking the lead. And now Kitna throws a bad interception into double coverage with them down a point. 5 mins left to go and the Packers have the ball inside the Lions 40. I would be very surprised if they lost from here.

EDIT: Jackson goes through a big hole on 3rd and 1 from the Lions 21 for a TD. 34 - 25 now. Game over.

Advertisement