Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Plus firewall and Eircom router

Options
  • 09-09-2008 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have an Eircom wireless router and I am runing a PC Plus firewall on my laptop.

When the Firewall is turned on I am not able to access the internet. When I turn it off everything is ok.

I think that the router is not picking up a valid IP address from Eircom when the firewall is turned on. There are many firewall settings and I am not sure which ones to turn off.

What can I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Why not try a different free firewall - like Comodo or Zone Alarm? I have the PC Tools one and I'm happy with it, but have also happily used Comodo and Zone Alarm in the past. My router is BT though and I have no problem.
    I'm sure the problem is likely a port issue and if you don't want to change firewalls, maybe someone else will tell you how to deal with it. Or the troubleshooter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The PC firewall is independent of the router and cannot interfere with the routers login to €ircon. The router will have a Firewall too you know and the windows firewall is plenty protection for most, never felt the need to add another firewall to any of my machines as its all done at the hardware level.

MC

Advertisement