Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On my shoe shelf

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

PillyPen wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, I think I have about 5 pairs of shoes. What's wrong with me??

you're not Irish!! Seriously, I think we are obsessed with shoes here; even older women are! I suppose years and years ago to have ANY shoes was a really really big deal here(there are still plenty of people around who can remember that); thats probably still ingrained in our psyches to a certain extent!!

Are any of ye into shoe maintenance?? My cobbler is my best friend!! Well, actually, not literally, but I'm big into having shoes soled when I get them and reheeled or whatever. A lot of my friends dont bother.

So Am i just a big granny or do y'all toddle on down to your respective cobblers on a regular basis?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

you're not Irish!! Seriously, I think we are obsessed with shoes here; even older women are! I suppose years and years ago to have ANY shoes was a really really big deal here(there are still plenty of people around who can remember that); thats probably still ingrained in our psyches to a certain extent!!

That's sad! Well some American women are obsessed with shoes, but not as many as seem to be on boards. It's an expensive habit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Blue and Black vans
    Cream and Black vans
    Crossword style vans
    Black and Gold skull vans

I like vans!:D

That's sad! Well some American women are obsessed with shoes, but not as many as seem to be on boards. It's an expensive habit!

I hear ya!! Was bored one day and decided to quickly add up roughly what I'd spent on shoes....Stopped after ten pairs...too frightening!!

These were my most recent mad-cap purchase

http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/41225-carvela-syd

They are ridiculously high, good with heels usually but these are testing me!!!

I hear ya!! Was bored one day and decided to quickly add up roughly what I'd spent on shoes....Stopped after ten pairs...too frightening!!

These were my most recent mad-cap purchase

http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/41225-carvela-syd

They are ridiculously high, good with heels usually but these are testing me!!!

Those are adorable! Yes, seems like the heel could be difficult. Are they heavy?

• Advertisement

Those are adorable! Yes, seems like the heel could be difficult. Are they heavy?

Actually no; just bloody hard to walk in, plus im very tall in them and really dont need that much extra height!!

That is such nonsense...your only trying to trying to condone your own footwear fetish. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Emmmm...Kettle! Pot! Black!!

Love those new irregular choice ones!! did you get them online or in a shop yesterday, and If so where?? I'm an irregular choice whore!!!

Yeah I didn't realise how many shoes I owned until I wrote them all down... God, they don't seem to take up that much space somehow.

I got them in Schuh, €75! I now just need to buy something to wear with them for saturday night! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are any of ye into shoe maintenance?? My cobbler is my best friend!! Well, actually, not literally, but I'm big into having shoes soled when I get them and reheeled or whatever.

+1 my cobbler is my friend.

Anyone really into shoes there is a fab shop in Carlow that does great Italian shoes, I've a pair of gold sparkly platforms from there that I love :)

I've about 30 pairs of shoes, all heels apart from a pair of flats for when my hip is acting up and one pair of trainers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I love shoes. Love them. Little works of art that they are, perfectly formed sculptures.....

However, if I lived in a snowy climate I wouldn't need snow shoes as I have wiiiiide feet. A broad bog hopping pair of feet.

So, dainty heels are out of the question, Italian/Spanish/French shoes are a no-no (continental women must have tiny feet) and I spill out of ballet pumps.

Happily, i do have an outlet for my fetish - Birkenstocks. Comfy and colourful, at any one time I have at least three pairs in rotation.

For my frivolous heel moments i've found Red or Dead to be one of the few brands to have broad enough sizings.

So, my shelf is:

-waterproof hiking boots (handy this 'summer')
    -pair of safety boots from old job (fantastic when moving furniture, or lifting lots of stuff, can drop anything onto the steel toes)
    -red birkie sandals
    -black birkie sandals
    -flower print birkie sandals
    -silvery Red or Dead heels
    -sensible 'office wear' lace up flats
    -black ankle boots
    -trainers (for gym)
    -trainers (for running.....hmmmm, v dusty :o)
    -black knee high boots (investment buy 5 years ago in posh shoe shop, sizing needs sent me up market in desperation. They've been to the cobbler only once, and if they ever die i'll be in mourning for a good while)
    -black mid height heel Camper shoes, with ankle strap.

There's also a box on top of the wardrobe, full of 'what was i thinking?' pairs bought over the years. They never get worn, but i just can't quite let go of them yet.

• Advertisement

fonpokno wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't realise how many shoes I owned until I wrote them all down... God, they don't seem to take up that much space somehow.

I got them in Schuh, €75! I now just need to buy something to wear with them for saturday night! :D

LOL!! I buy shoes before outfits aswell:D

Those shoes are lovely; didn't see them in the Galway shop, but then haven't been in there in about 2weeks . I may just have to wander in on Saturday!!!

Well wear btw!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

right, my boyf always says i have to much..lets see

Black roxy skate runners
    Addias running runners (for the gym)
    Black pumps(h&m)
    Black pump(topshop)
    Black pumps (clarks)
    Blue pumps(have a tiny wedge, clarks)
    Bronze pumps (new look)
    Black birkenstocks
    White stripy birkensticks
    silver gladiator sandals (new look)
    black&grey mary janes, small heel(with a red sole which is cool, from Accessorize)
    purple satin heels (my latest purchase and they are sexy and comfy surprisinly as they are high eneough, from barratts)
    Black,flat high boots with buckles (sasha)
    Black shoes with a slight heel that i wore to my ball years ago, think they've been worn once since.
    black flip flops(got them in Spain)
    pink pennys flip flops, for the pool

thats not bad, and not too much money, no designer shoes for me..when i get i want a rich a pair of Louboutins

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

fonpokno wrote: »

Those shoes are fabulous! I adore Irregular Choice. Brilliant quality and not too expensive for what you get.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

So Am i just a big granny or do y'all toddle on down to your respective cobblers on a regular basis?!!

Sent my brogues down yesterday! The heels were coming apart from so much wear. He fixed my worn to death Buffalo boots too. Good man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Boots:
    Black leather ankle boots (Barratts)
    Black leather mid length knee boots (Red or Dead) Just bought them
    Brown leather knee boots (Evans)
    Green suede boots (Penneys)
    Purple suede wedge heel boots (Penneys)
    Grey suede wedge heel boots (Penneys)
    Brown suede ankle boots (Dunnes)

Runners (From Penneys):
    Star print strap ones
    Gym trainers
    Ankle boot flats - beige flowers
    Ankle boot flats - blue flowers
    Ankle boot flats - Black ripped canvas style

Ugg style:
    Beige furry
    Black
    Black furry

Fancy flip flops:
    Silver
    Gold flower suede
    Green sequin
    Pink
    Purple

Going out heels:
    Silver and black platforms (River Island)
    Strappy silver sparkly ones (Office - Vintage)
    Low heel dark green sparkly ones (Barratts)
    Black pointed toe (Barratts)

Pumps:
    Teal
    Pink sparkly (A Wear)
    Silver

Wow.. :D
    I got a lot for pretty cheap... except the leather boots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SnoozyS

I am yet another lady with a shoe fetish....here goes

Nikw AirMax x 2
    Nike Shox x 2
    Dunlops
    KSwiss
    Pink Converse
    Rocketdos boots
    Black Knee High Boots x 3
    Brown Knee High Boots
    Cream Knee High Boots
    Red Ankle Boots
    Beige Ankle Boots
    Brown Ankle Boots
    Black Ankle Boots x 3
    Navy Mary Janes
    Black Mary Janes
    Black & Cream Mary Janes
    Brown heeled shoeboots
    White Birkenstocks
    Olive Birkinstocks
    Birki Clogs
    Orange Crocs
    Silver Stillettos
    Pink Stillettos
    Black Stillettos
    Silver Glitter Stillettos
    Red Satin Peeptoes
    Grey Suede Peeptoes
    Silver Pumps
    Metallic Blue Pumps
    Grey Glitter Pumps
    Pink & White Pumps
    Grey Camo Pumps
    Orange Glitter Pumps
    Roxy Flipflops x 2
    Black diamante Rocketdog flipflops
    Gold Flipflops
    Blue Flipflops
    Brown glitter sandals
    Black Laced Uggs
    Cream Knitted Uggs
    Pink Uggs
    Boring black flat work shoes
    Cream Skechers

and I'm sure there's plenty more lucking in the closet/under the bed that I've forgotten about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

I only have 25 pairs of shoes but I'm not about to list what they all are. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Holy Shit bags lads.. i have like 2 pairs of nike trainers, that i live in, one pair of black healed ankle boots, one pair of flat black shoes and a pair of berkiesque sandles! I would love to be able to buy shoes but i has big feets, and have to wear an orthotic (sp) so find it difficult to get nice shoes!

And i think Snoozys is winning in the shoes stakes atm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SnoozyS

And i think Snoozys is winning in the shoes stakes atm![/quote]

and i realised that i left some out!! i think i have a serious problem :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

1 pair of runners - black
    1 pair of shoes - tan

wtf else do you need?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

work shoes x2

converse runners x 2 . both black one the boot ones, one the shoe one

Vans x 15:o black. black and white , pink and black , green and white, red and black, star ones , skull ones, jigsaw ones, blue and white, pink and white, blue and black, white, stripy ones, heart ones, and purple and white

etnies runners x2

2pairs of white high heals and 2 pairs of black high heals , pair of red and a pair of silver high heels.

meh to sum it up I like skate shoes!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭hazeler

Finally I feel like I am not the only one with a shoe problem.

I dont drink, I dont smoke, I buy shoes. They consume me, I can never have a fat day in shoes and they will never let me down. they are all placed nice and neatly on their shelves in rows of 6. Its a little OCD but they are my hard earned cash so I look after them.

This all started back when I got my first job, my first pay check went on a pair of Topshop black stillettos. (I had no money for the next week!!) It has got of control a little tho' . I counted them for the first time in... since ever when I saw this thread! I have 174 pairs, that includes heels, flats and boots. Mostly non-designer but I do have my designer babies too... My goal is to out-do my mother who is def hitting over 250... we are the same size and she has some seriously cool vintage heels, can I count them in as mine too?

I never could wear the same shoes two days in a row. Every pair deserves a turn. How sad am I!!!!????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

hazeler wrote: »
    They consume me, I can never have a fat day in shoes and they will never let me down. they are all placed nice and neatly on their shelves in rows of 6. Its a little OCD but they are my hard earned cash so I look after them.

+100000000000

Shoes are faithful.

I got these today. They are seriously high, but they are seriously comfortable to walk in. Granted I was only walking around the shop in them, but I'm sure they'll be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

I have about 60 pairs. I had more but I threw out about 15 pairs a couple of weeks ago.

I'd swap them all for one pair of Louboutins though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Vans slip ons
    Vans skate shoes

and my 2 favourites that i live in!

2007_7_14_28865_9121.jpg

and

014148Knicks300.jpg

creggy wrote: »
    Vans slip ons
    Vans skate shoes

and my 2 favourites that i live in!

2007_7_14_28865_9121.jpg

and

014148Knicks300.jpg

I love the New York ones. Not so much for the NY, but for the design, it's very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭LittleBear

janeybabe wrote: »
    I got these today. They are seriously high, but they are seriously comfortable to walk in. Granted I was only walking around the shop in them, but I'm sure they'll be fine!

Wow they have to be the nicest shoes EVER. Can u please tell me how i can get my hands on a pair of those. I want them so bad...Pretty please! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

janeybabe wrote: »

Those are super cute!

Someone asked what more do you need after listing 2 pairs of shoes.

You need running shoes.
    Walking/street shoes.
    Comfy shoes for when you don't care how you look.
    Boots, one of which has to be black (oh wait, I have 26 pairs of shoes cause I forgot that I have 2 pairs of black boots, one has a lower heal). Brown would be the second choice for boots.
    You need designer boots for when you feel like being flashy.
    And you need dress shoes! This is where the number of shoes just gets retarded because you can't always wear black heals, you need colored ones, silver, kinds with different straps to go with your look, different heal sizes for comfort (I love me a good pair of kitten heals).

I think that's about it. But there's no limit to the number.

I bought a pair of shoes a couple years ago that I still haven't worn because I haven't found the right outfit that matches them. :eek:

Edit: I forgot to add hiking shoes and rain boots to that list and slippers if they count. ;)

• Advertisement

LittleBear wrote: »
    Wow they have to be the nicest shoes EVER. Can u please tell me how i can get my hands on a pair of those. I want them so bad...Pretty please! :D

Faith. There was 20% off them for the last few days so they were only 60 euro.

And I am happy to report that I survived a night out wearing them. My feet weren't sore at all, and I didn't even fall!

Advertisement