Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christian Richardson aka Robin Banks

Options
  • 09-09-2008 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭

The England-based TV presenter, DJ and recovering addict has said he's from Kilkenny. Can't say I ever heard of any Richardsons in the county. Anyone know more? Did he do KCR/ KCLR on the way out of town??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

His mother lives near Bennettsbridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No Richardsons in the county? Oh my!

Small town talk eh?

Robin Banks used to be on Atlantic 252 in the late 80s/early 90s if I remember right.

Mike.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

You're right Mike, he was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Banks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Robin Banks (real name Christian Richardson) is a TV presenter and radio DJ originally from Kilkenny, Ireland.

He is the narrator in the British/European version of the popular Discovery Channel show MythBusters. He has worked as a reporter for the Bravo television show Bravado. He has also presented shows for the BBC, Channel 4, Sky 1 and Living. He recently left the breakfast show on London's Kiss 100 and has reportedly presented several guest shows on Galaxy FM. He has previously had radio shows on Radio Nova, Atlantic 252, Virgin Radio, Beat 106 and Xfm. Robin Banks claims he has been fired from every radio station that he has ever worked for.

On 16 June 2008, Robin Banks joined Leicester radio station Leicester Sound to host the weekday 6am - 10am breakfast show.

On 1 September 2008, Banks appeared on Dragons' Den, under his real name, to pitch for investment in The Tiny Box Company. He and his business partner Rachel Watkyn secured an investment of £60,000 from Dragons Theo Paphitis and Peter Jones[1]. In the aftermath of his appearance on Dragons' Den, he spoke honestly about his battles with an alcohol and cocaine addiction in an interview with the Mail on Sunday[2].

This Robin Banks is not to be confused with the offshore radio DJ and engineer of the same name, whose real name is Robin Adcroft.

I know this because wikipedia told me so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Aha!

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

He used to work on Radio Kilkenny YEARS ago (using his real name), back when it was sort of good at night time. He used to be on either a Tuesday or Thursday night. As previous posters have already said, he then popped up on Atlantic 252 as Robin Banks.

Mark Collins and Mike Byrne were on the other nights.

Oh and DJScarey, you'll find a few Richardsons in the 05 phone book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Well, that's me told (off) then. Thanks, all. I know a small bit more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

He started on the old pirate station AMS which was in the Shopping Arcade in High St.
    Also did a stint on Radio Luxembourg.
    I think he went to the "Voice of Peace" - offshore station near Isreal/Lebanon - after the government shut down all the pirates & then on to Luxy, can't remember exactly...old age & all that.

Al.

Advertisement