Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Magic

Options
  • 09-09-2008 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all, is anyone else on boards as interested in coin magic as me?

I prefer coins to cards because:
    1) the sleights require more skill (for all the people currently taking up pitch forks and lighting torches thats just my opinion and im not saying card tricks dont require loads of skill cos i know they do)
    2) you always have coins
    3) card tricks are just a bit cheesy these days

But im not a fan of gimmicks, coin boxes etc., mainly because i havent seen anything too impressive done with them (my favorite would be the biting the chunk off the coin bit)

I'm currently working on the Nelson Downs multiple back palming effect where you can pretty much indefinetly dissappear a coin and bring it back to the same hand without any sleeving or gimmicks, to me showing this trick off is fun but just being able to do it is amazingly satisfying ... is anyone else working/-ed on this trick? Where did you have the most trouble and what did you do?

I could go on and on all day with this but i think ill wait and see if anyone else gives a toss first, so if anyones interested in coin magic please post in this thread! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hiya dude25, welcome to boards.ie and the M&I forum :) There are a few mentions of coin tricks already on the forum. Have a quick look around. As there are a few dedicated practicing magi here I'm sure it won't be long before they are talking your language :)

Advertisement