Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC BB Install - charge for extra line into house?

Options
  • 09-09-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all -- I had UPC out today to install 20MB broadband. A pretty poor experience overall

A few issues:
    - installer would not run a new line from outside. Its a bit of a stretch --across the front of the house, down and into garage and drill into closet where network connections/phone lines terminate.
    - He wouldnt run the new line said it was too windy outside -- "health and safety" issues apparently.
    - He said there would be extra €50 charge for additional line -- thought this was free for BB line install?
    - tried to charge for netgear wifi router even though the order was for Ultra 20MB package -- bad paperwork he said.

I finally got him to install the new BB off an existing connection. Did i just get a dud technician or is this common? Let me know...

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Prob both but I wouldn't touch NTL / UPC / Chorus with a barge pole due to non existant CS

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Not sure if you need a second line for the 20M service. I have the basic one and it comes in on the same line as the TV and is then split after the customer connection point. Might be different for 20M?

UPC outsource all that work to contractors. Never really had a problem with them apart from one guy who told me to be really slow changing channels on the digitial tv. I asked why this was and he informed me that the box would hang!!!

Surely the Guy was giving you advise that the crappy equipment they were handing out would crash if you channel hopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

^^

Oh yes indeedy! I played the punter and went 'really? How slowly do I have to change them?' He then did some practice goes with me. Deadly serious the whole way through.....

To be honest I couldnt bother arguing. You know the score with NTL/UPC we all have hundreds of stories about them...

LOL that was cruel... Funny but cruel... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement