Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbo sims?

• 09-09-2008 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Collecting a new phone tonight, but it is locked to o2 and i am on meteor. Want to get it unlocked and somebody suggested i get a turbo sim? Ive worked out how they work. Just wondering if anybody ahs used them and are they safe? Or can they mess up your sim/phone?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Bryn wrote: »
    Collecting a new phone tonight, but it is locked to o2 and i am on meteor. Want to get it unlocked and somebody suggested i get a turbo sim? Ive worked out how they work. Just wondering if anybody ahs used them and are they safe? Or can they mess up your sim/phone?

Cheers

Did you check how much it will cost to get the phone unlock (not by o2) but 1 of those shops that do unlocking/repairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

nava wrote: »
    Did you check how much it will cost to get the phone unlock (not by o2) but 1 of those shops that do unlocking/repairs?

There is no software unlocking solution for the 3G at present - only sim adaptors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

andrewh5 wrote: »
    There is no software unlocking solution for the 3G at present - only sim adaptors.

There's no mention of Iphone 3g, so I assumed it wasn't an Iphone.

I didn't think many people will get an Iphone 3g with 18 months contract and move over to Meteor as they are only starting to roll out 3g over the last few weeks. Also they will need to get a data package with the new provider for them to take advantage of the Iphone capabilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

i have a spare turbosim and i will post it to you for free if you like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Thanks for the replies lads, collected the phone tonight and it's actually not locked :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

JAMM222..............

I would take you up on that offer!

Advertisement