Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair one bag policy

Options
  • 09-09-2008 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

I've received following email from Ryanair few days ago. Has anyone any comments about that especially about the second point about a handbag, laptop and duty free purchases?

Is it really that strictly enforced?

Thanks,

•PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY ONE ITEM OF CABIN BAGGAGE PER PASSENGER
    (excluding infants) WITH A MAXIMUM WEIGHT OF 10KG AND DIMENSIONS OF 55CM
    X 40CM X 20CM -
    http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=bag&quest=cabinbaggageallowance

•IMPORTANT– YOUR HANDBAG, BRIEFCASE, LAPTOP, DUTY FREE
    PURCHASES ETC. MUST BE CARRIED WITHIN YOUR 1 PERMITTED PIECE OF CABIN
    BAGGAGE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I came through the other day with my hand luggage and a Bose stereo that I had just purchased in Duty free at Stansted in a seperate bag.

Basically i think if you are not taking the pish, then you have a good chance of getting away with it.

Word of advice, try and get a bag that fits under the seat, it is a lot less hassle as you are guaranteed to have it near you. Soft holdall type bags are best I have found.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Depends on the airport, some do, most dont. Most Ryanair bases generally dont, I came through a nameless spanish airport with 3 bags ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It's enforced in some places not in others. I've heard if you put your bags in a black sack you can get through, may be an urban legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Maybe they can start bar coding carry on luggage and charging for each item as well :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 tenox

I know that the cabin luggage has been quite abused by punters and no wonder they are doing something about it. I'm just wondering how is that being enforced in reality and whether it's now as strict as they say or not?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

tenox wrote: »
    Hi,

I've received following email from Ryanair few days ago.

Is it really that strictly enforced?
    •PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY ONE ITEM OF CABIN BAGGAGE PER PASSENGER
    (excluding infants) WITH A MAXIMUM WEIGHT OF 10KG AND DIMENSIONS OF 55CM
    X 40CM X 20CM -

•IMPORTANT– YOUR HANDBAG, BRIEFCASE, LAPTOP, DUTY FREE
    PURCHASES ETC. MUST BE CARRIED WITHIN YOUR 1 PERMITTED PIECE OF CABIN
    BAGGAGE.

Most airlines with a one bag policy class handbags,laptops,suit carriers as seperate to the one bag. Thats count cause a lot of problems, just picture business people with a small roller and laptop or women with a rollerbag and a handbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

tenox wrote: »
    I know that the cabin luggage has been quite abused by punters and no wonder they are doing something about it. I'm just wondering how is that being enforced in reality and whether it's now as strict as they say or not?
    Have a look at any flight going to the USA. That will show you the abuse of hand baggage first hand. Some people really take the piss on those flights.

Advertisement