Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing from US

Options
  • 09-09-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi All,

I was just wondering is there any restriction in buying a 10 round .22 lr magazine from online traders in the US for a licensed rifle?

I'm sure i saw information on this here before but I couldn't find it!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I sent a photocopy of my licence just to make sure customs didn't drag things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Simple answer, No. Mags and all other parts are not classified as firearms in the US.The only restricted part is the reciver.There is some restrictions on exporting barrells,bolts,recivers etc.But that relates to milspec firearms in general and large shipments.It wont hurt to send your copy of your FAC,but unless they request it,I wouldnt bother.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 TheSmallFella

Thanks for the info guys...I appreciate it!

Advertisement