Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Axle Stands

Options
  • 09-09-2008 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Bit cheeky I know but does anyone have a set i can borrow for the weekend.

Im getting the alloy refurbed.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Where are you based, when are you free? PM me and I'll give you mine, but I'm only around tomorrow then I'm away for 3 weeks.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I wouldn't leave a car up on axle stands for a weekend if I were you. You never know what might happen.
    Whereabouts are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

have you not got a spare tyre/wheel - you can leave it on that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

If your around Dublin 7/15 you can borrow mine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Getting all four refurbed hence the need.

Live in gated house so should be okay.

Thanks for all the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

In case nobody is close, Lidl were selling axle stands on Sunday last, around a tenner a pair I think. Looked good quality, and were German TUV approved. They also had a hydraulic bottle jack for 9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

what i have found very good is a bale of newspapers - if you can get them. they are very stable to put your car on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Pete67 wrote: »
    In case nobody is close, Lidl were selling axle stands on Sunday last, around a tenner a pair I think. Looked good quality, and were German TUV approved. They also had a hydraulic bottle jack for 9.99

I've a set of Lidl axle stands. No problems so far with them.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

JoeySully wrote: »
    what i have found very good is a bale of newspapers - if you can get them. they are very stable to put your car on.

What if it rains?

+1 for Aldi or Lidl stands. Have them for a couple of years and they are fine. Trolley jack too actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

MarkR wrote: »
    What if it rains?

+1 for Aldi or Lidl stands. Have them for a couple of years and they are fine. Trolley jack too actually.

+1 here, too, for the stands and the jack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

kbannon wrote: »
    I wouldn't leave a car up on axle stands for a weekend if I were you. You never know what might happen.
    Whereabouts are you?

I had my car up on axel stands for around 3 months 5 feet up, though there was no engine in it which took a lot of weight off them i guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

JoeySully wrote: »

Broadsheets or tabloid?? :D
    kbannon wrote: »
    Whereabouts are you?

It no where near as bad as what i saw one day. I was walking into my old apartment complex on eday, i noticed a car jacked up fairly high, a small Daewoo Matiz.

As i got closer i noticed there was a guy swapping the engine in one of the parking spaces. He'd disconnected everything from the old engine and effectively jacked the car up off it! The best bit was that he had a cheap hydraulic jack, on top of a car spare wheel holding the whole front of the car up! :eek:

I should of gotten a picture of it... To be honest if someone had of told me this i wouldn't of believed it.

Advertisement