Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Pitches in Dublin

Options
  • 09-09-2008 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hiya.

I am living in Ranelagh and we are looking for a pitch we can go for a puck about or a kick about near enough to the area. There are a couple of parks around but they are way too small for us to really enjoy it and there is always a fear of nutting some kid in the head with a sliothar. We tried the cricket ground in rathmines but were told no. Is UCD the nearest place we can go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Herbert Park
    Ballsbridge
    D4

• Registered Users Posts: 7 i'm batman

is there actually pitches in there?
    Brilliant I didn't know that. It's only a ten minute walk from my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bushy park is only down the road from you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

bushy park is only down the road from you

We always had problems having kick-about there on Saturday mornings. Lot of over-zealous gotchies who said it was for club games only.

Maybe they just didn't like the sacair. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

stovelid wrote: »
    We always had problems having kick-about there on Saturday mornings. Lot of over-zealous gotchies who said it was for club games only.

Maybe they just didn't like the sacair. :D

but its a public park:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

i'm batman wrote: »
    We tried the cricket ground in rathmines but were told no.
    Christ Almighty, are you for real?

Sure come on in the don't worry about the cricket pitch :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

but its a public park:confused:

Yup, but the gotchie always moved us on if we played on pitches.

I assume a lot of teams in amateur leagues are assigned to public park pitches, and they don't want them churned up.

Or maybe they were winding us up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

For such a populous area, Rathmines,Rathgar and Ranelagh are poorly served by GAA facilities. There is a Portobello Gaa club and their location details are here http://portobello.dublin.gaa.ie/locationmap.html
    but they are a small club so mighnt be any more keen to accomodate you. Sneak into Cathal Brugha they have a few pitches i think;)

Advertisement