Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accident on Robinhood Road 9/9/08

• 09-09-2008 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi all,

I witnessed an accident this morning on the Robinhood road, involving an SUV and a motorbike. I won't go into the particulars here, as it's not relevant.

The motorbike rider was injured and I was the first responder at the scene, and stayed with him until the emergency services arrived (in consultation with them over the phone, etc).

In the unlikely event that anyone here knows the chap, I'd love to know if he's doing ok. Not looking for details or anything like that, and I don't want to pry, I'm just wondering if he's ok (or going to be ok).

Edit to add: Wasn't sure exactly where to put this, but here seemed more appropriate than any of the other fora. If I'm wrong, please move it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Robinhood Road.

Where's that?
    Maybe add the city. More people might know the area but not the exact street name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Robinhood Industrial Estate, Dublin 22.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Ring the gards that attended, they will tell you.

Crumlin garda station, covers robinhood as far as i know.

There is a shift change at 2pm so ring tmrw at the same time that it happened today and the same gards will be working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Kila wrote: »
    Hi all,

I witnessed an accident this morning on the Robinhood road, involving an SUV and a motorbike. I won't go into the particulars here, as it's not relevant.

The motorbike rider was injured and I was the first responder at the scene, and stayed with him until the emergency services arrived (in consultation with them over the phone, etc).
    Just want to say (as a motorcyclist), fair play to you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

Thanks. Wasn't sure who would have that info, and I never thought to call the gardai. I'll give them a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

robinhood is convered my clondalkin, not crumlin, dont know why but i work there and if you call crumlin they tell you to ring clondalkin. fair play to you for looking after the bloke, as another user of motorbikes its good to see that someone gives a damn...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

I rang Crumlin initially - they bounced me to Tallaght, who sent me to Clondalkin, so I got there in the end! :)

The Garda investigating it called me back and let me know that the guy was ok, so I'm happy with that.

Advertisement