Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carzone VS Autotrader for sales

Options
  • 09-09-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

So, now that carzone (the money grabbing so-and-so's) are now 30 euros per month rather than a once off fee, which is better to sell a car quick - carzone, or autotrader's cheaper website + magazine rate?
    The car is a 98 Saab Convertible.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mrfamilyguy

only found out the other day that they're owned by the same comany..

ive sold both my cars on carzone, so that gets my thumbs up.

if somebody is seriously interested in a car they'll surely check all magazines,websites etc so id go with whichever gives the best value for money

-carzone €30/month vs

autotraders gobutton.gif Discount Offer - Website & Magazine
    Save a minimum of 25% on the basic package. Advertise your vehicle on the Website for 3 weeks and for 2 weeks in Ireland's Auto Trader Magazine. - prices from €90

gobutton.gif Basic Package - Website & Magazine
    Advertise your vehicle on the website for 2 weeks and for 1 week in Ireland's Auto Trader Magazine - prices from €65

gobutton.gif Website
    Advertise your vehicle on the Auto Trader website for 4 weeks for only €20

gobutton.gif Premium Package
    Advertise your vehicle on the Auto Trader website for 6 weeks for €25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I'd say carzone anyday, although I wouldn't fully rule out autotrader, there's alot of backward people who don't know how to go on the internet would still buy autotrader in it's magazine format rathar than online :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Currently the way the second hand market is it is difficult to shift anything. Trying to sell a convertible heading into late autumn is going to be even harder no matter which site you use.

BTW I think autotrader own carzone now.

Best of luck anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i newer liked autotrader, not magazine, not website. When i was buying cars i allways were buying autotrader, but i did not got even one car from there.

Cars are overprices big time in there. And i cant understand that at all. I choose carzone any day of the weak.

Btw there is alot more bargains in carzone then autotrader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

If you're looking for metrics on what websites are most popular you can use Google Trends.

Using it to analyse traffic to the major Irish car websites, you can see Carzone is by far the most popular. That alone would inform my decision...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I would normally reccomend carzone down to the ground, but just this once i'm not. If you go into carzone, and type in your make/model etc. every1 one comes up, naturally. This where the problem starts, there's a whole host of cars the same as yours, and if your not the cheapest or down low on the list your not going to sell. It's a very competitive market on carzone, but if you can be near the cheapest, then go for it.

Where as the autotrader doesn't have as much in one section, so if someone see's your, the might only see yours, not being able to back it up that it's overpriced.

At the same time, if they are doing offers, go for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Far more people use the carzone website than autotrader . The advantage of autotrader is the magazine which im sure people still read these days

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

On the evidence so far, carzone seems to be the most popular by far.
    Though when i was selling my car I asked the buyer where did he see the car in the first place and his answer was carsireland.ie

PS Sorry for going slightly off the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Not at all off topic! :-)
    And yeah gonna be hard selling a convertible coming into august, but it IS the cheapest 93 convi on Carzone.
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Saab/9-3/2.0-IS/1201996/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

My uncle had a 01 93 conv Aero, FSH, leather, 60k on the clock, NCT'd - tried for over 7 months to sell it, eventually gave it to a garage for €7,500

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

carzone hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Táck wrote: »
    carzone hands down

i have to disagree ive sold 5 cars all around the 10k mark all sold from autotrader depends on the car autotrader = young sporty car

Advertisement