Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting to eircom broadband with laptop

Options
  • 09-09-2008 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i am trying to connect to my home's eircom bradband with my hp laptop with vista.

the laptop recognises it but i cannot connect because its security enabled. i have all the relevant security information i think, encyrption key etc.

however when i click on connect to wireless network its asking me for a user name, password and logon domain.

when i rang eircom they told me i should only be asked for the encryption key and when i told them what im asked for they suggested putting in eircom for username and broadband1 for password which didnt work and so eircom's "broadband support" weren't very supportive!

anyone have advice??

thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Its probably the wireless application of your card that's trying to set up the connection.

You need to get windows to handle the wireless connection instead of that other app.

Right click on the wireless connection and see if there's a box you tick to let windows handle the connection.

Windows just asks for the key, no user name or password.

Advertisement