Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savage attack on catherine/thomas street

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The problem is the Courts, and the Government for not building enough prisons for the Courts to use.
    The problem is the government giving the multitude of scumbags that live in Limerick City our hard earned money for doing absolutely nothing. 75% of them are more than able to work, but expect handouts at every corner. Its disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

same/similar gang attacked 2 friends of mine last night, vw, possibly bora, 3/4 girls, they blocked the footpath by opening car door and surrounded them, girls fought back, they even tried to drag one of them into the car. up near old quarter. if its the same gang cops need to cop on. excuse the pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

I think the guards do a good job with what they have
    if its the same gang cops need to cop on

Funny how when people experience these thugs close to home, attitude towards the gardai changes. Not blaming you at all lad, unfortunately as we all know their hands are tied by a scumbag loving judiciary.

How can this be changed? Who controls the judiciary? What can we do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

urgh.
    I've noticed in the area between the river and the bus station, the number of scumbags on the streets tends to increase as you get closer to the train station, and decrease neaer the river. The river feels ok, jenry st feels ok, o'connell st feels dodgy...the st with the bus station (patrick st?) feels plain dangerous.

The problem with the guards in this country is that they throw their weight around with decent people and are scared of scumbags. Increasing the numbers of them won't change that. Increasing their legal power won't change that. The new armed unit in limerick probably is the right way to go unfortunately. Less guards with more training and equipment would be better - as it is the guards are scared of scumbags and scumbags have no respect or fear of guards.

Xennon wrote: »
    Funny how when people experience these thugs close to home, attitude towards the gardai changes. Not blaming you at all lad, unfortunately as we all know their hands are tied by a scumbag loving judiciary.

How can this be changed? Who controls the judiciary? What can we do?
    no i do think the cops do a good job in general, im just saying in this instance, if its the same gang, its shouldnt still be happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I have seen nothing in the press about these attacks. Have you tried bringing it to their attention?
    Press scrutiny will get an answer out of the Gardai as to why nothing was done (or if something was done, they will explain the measures they took)

Jumpy wrote: »
    I have seen nothing in the press about these attacks. Have you tried bringing it to their attention?
    Press scrutiny will get an answer out of the Gardai as to why nothing was done (or if something was done, they will explain the measures they took)
    there was one similar story in this weekend post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 famousjenny

Myself and my kid sis were attacked as we walked to Kebabish on Ellen St at 1.30am on Sunday morning. A SILVER 03 VW BORA car was pulled up along the kerb and a girl in PINK FLEECE pyjamas got out the passenger side, opening the door wide so we couldn't get through. From behind us came 3 girls, one of which ran up my right side and tried to grab my bag. I say tried because me and my sis started fighting back. They knocked me to the ground and tried to slam the car door on me a few times but i was in high heels and started kicking whatever shins were in front of me. There was 2 girls on em and 3 on my sis. I am 4ft 10 and my sis is 5ft. I guess they thought we were easy targets cos we were small. I don't know what possessed us to fight back, it was instant reaction. We gave them a hiding and we got to keep our bags. Well worth the bruises to teach those scumbags they won't win every time. But i don't recommend it as apparently they carry knives and are 'known to the gardaí' as the first post said. But just thought I'd post my story up too to giev another perspective.

I have a few friends who are guards and they would love nothing more than to give those gowls a message they won't forget, but their hands are tied. That and you're dealing with inbred, low-life scum who actually enjoy this sort of thing, so you won't get any joy out catching them anyway. Unfortunately the only things they understand are the things they engage in for kicks, namely violence. And we can't all go round armed to the teeth waiting for our showdown, as a friend of mine said after this happened to me, "if you carry (weapons) you're just raising the stakes and bringing it to a whole other level there's no coming back from." This is true, but if at all possible, I urge people to make it as difficult as is humanly possible for those creatures for get the better of you. If you are attacked, just kick, screm, punch, tear, grab, scratch and keep going until they give up. Who knows, they may leave a little worse than they arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Myself and my kid sis were attacked as we walked to Kebabish on Ellen St at 1.30am on Sunday morning. A SILVER 03 VW BORA car was pulled up along the kerb and a girl in PINK FLEECE pyjamas got out the passenger side, opening the door wide so we couldn't get through. From behind us came 3 girls, one of which ran up my right side and tried to grab my bag. I say tried because me and my sis started fighting back. They knocked me to the ground and tried to slam the car door on me a few times but i was in high heels and started kicking whatever shins were in front of me. There was 2 girls on em and 3 on my sis. I am 4ft 10 and my sis is 5ft. I guess they thought we were easy targets cos we were small. I don't know what possessed us to fight back, it was instant reaction. We gave them a hiding and we got to keep our bags. Well worth the bruises to teach those scumbags they won't win every time. But i don't recommend it as apparently they carry knives and are 'known to the gardaí' as the first post said. But just thought I'd post my story up too to giev another perspective.

I have a few friends who are guards and they would love nothing more than to give those gowls a message they won't forget, but their hands are tied. That and you're dealing with inbred, low-life scum who actually enjoy this sort of thing, so you won't get any joy out catching them anyway. Unfortunately the only things they understand are the things they engage in for kicks, namely violence. And we can't all go round armed to the teeth waiting for our showdown, as a friend of mine said after this happened to me, "if you carry (weapons) you're just raising the stakes and bringing it to a whole other level there's no coming back from." This is true, but if at all possible, I urge people to make it as difficult as is humanly possible for those creatures for get the better of you. If you are attacked, just kick, screm, punch, tear, grab, scratch and keep going until they give up. Who knows, they may leave a little worse than they arrived.

Are you the friends zuroph was referring to? or is this another incident?

Are you the friends zuroph was referring to? or is this another incident?
    same incident.

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    same/similar gang attacked 2 friends of mine last night, vw, possibly bora, 3/4 girls, they blocked the footpath by opening car door and surrounded them, girls fought back, they even tried to drag one of them into the car. up near old quarter. if its the same gang cops need to cop on. excuse the pun.

Yup that was us! It would be interesting to see the cctv footage; the guard pointed to the one that was up on the wall above Solo which would have been looking right down on us...that is if it's working, who knows these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Fair play to ye for fighting back, a swift smack in the face is something most scumbags need, of course they'll all be bragging to their friends now about " aw we bate the ****e outa uuuummmmm, pure hard we are arenwe jacinta?"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

krudler wrote: »
    Fair play to ye for fighting back, a swift smack in the face is something most scumbags need, of course they'll all be bragging to their friends now about " aw we bate the ****e outa uuuummmmm, pure hard we are arenwe jacinta?"

Spot on Krudler, the last thing Jacinta and Paprika want is someone to stand up to them.

Funnily enough, I was heading home yesterday and in the car front of me were 4 female scummers in a 99 VW berating a guy waiting at a busstop. Reggae music blaring goodo. Pretty ugly stuff. Having read this thread, I took down the licence in case it matches anything here so I could contact the guards, but it doesn't appear to be the same crowd. Actually maybe it is...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

*pictured in my mind........*

Gard: "Is this yor vee-hicle?"

Girl: "Fook yoo gardee!" *meep..meeeeeeep*

Gard: "Well, oyl let ye off this time young lady, but make sure ye turn dem loights on"

Girl: "CHASE ME YOO GOWEL!" *meeeeeeeeeeep*

Gard: *chuckles* "Now arent you a noisy young wan, run along home now"

Girl: "I SAYED FOOKIN CHAYUS ME" *meeeeep meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Gard: *goes back inside*

Funnist thing I've read in while. :D Tough time not imagining a scummy roadrunner though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

Hi

I was just wondering if any of these attacks were reported to the gaurds...

A number of people reporting the same girls in the same car should make it fairly easy for them to be identified....

Would all the people who were attacked be willing to press charges??

AFAIK jenny above is keeping the pressure on the cops to do something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

BarryCreed wrote: »
    unfortunately, like school teachers, they can't whack anyone anymore, which is a shame..fight fire with fire...

If there was the fear of hard labour, or the electric chair, or deportation to Van Diemens land :eek: I wonder what the crime rate would be like..

they should fecked off to fight for the UN for a month or 2. that will teach the *****.

My car got robbed by joyriders for the 3rd time in 5 years 2 weeks ago. from castletroy. The guards have never caught anyone. The just said "its a bunch of 16 year olds doing whatever they feel like." I said, well do something so u waste of space.
    They found my car burnt out by vistakon, the next day, the car was missing. They didn't know where it was gone. i needed the car for the insurance company so I could make a claim. I presumed the council took it but the guards didn't move they're fat lazy arses. Had to do all of it myself and as for the culprits.... The guards couldn't give a toss. they're to busy arresting people for calling them pigs for actually arresting people that are doing crimes.

mikep wrote: »
    Hi

I was just wondering if any of these attacks were reported to the gaurds...

A number of people reporting the same girls in the same car should make it fairly easy for them to be identified....

Would all the people who were attacked be willing to press charges??

Mine was definitely reported on the night,

re: second point they are very well known to the guards

re: last point i will deffo press charges (for all the good it will do!) but i work on the motto that sh*t rolls downhill so if i show up at the station every other day, as i have already started to do, and talk to the guards who dealt with me ( I have their names )and ask them what's happening, constantly keep my face in their minds, i might just get some results even if it's just to get rid of me! I'm pretty stubborn so this is going to be a project of mine until something moves.

Unfortunately since i'm not the only person to ever have been attacked on their watches, it IS up to me to see that it's pursued. Not an ideal world we live in but we have to adapt and do whatever it takes to get it done. The guarsd are snowed under with paperwork and restrictions on what they can do and so i'm sure it's frustrating for them, and things like what happened to me are small potatoes compared to the other things they deal with, but that's where stubborn wans like me can help with constant badgering for some semblance of justice.

I would love to find out details of those 2 girls who were attacked on the monday and see what we can do collectively, anyone who knows them can you message me privately? I'll be discreet and not wierd, I just want to sort those scumbag inbred cousin-shagging yellow-gold earring wearing hum-of-neglect smelling illiterate spineless lank-haired herpes-promoting scabies=spreading excuses for test-tube rejects as soon as I can.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

TheLoc wrote: »
    My car got robbed by joyriders for the 3rd time in 5 years 2 weeks ago. from castletroy. The guards have never caught anyone. The just said "its a bunch of 16 year olds doing whatever they feel like." I said, well do something so u waste of space.
    They found my car burnt out by vistakon, the next day, the car was missing. They didn't know where it was gone. i needed the car for the insurance company so I could make a claim. I presumed the council took it but the guards didn't move they're fat lazy arses. Had to do all of it myself and as for the culprits.... The guards couldn't give a toss. they're to busy arresting people for calling them pigs for actually arresting people that are doing crimes.

Very hard to convict anyone without that legal thing known as PROOF and EVIDENCE. Unless the person is caught in the car its pretty hard to prove who did it. Most car thieves wear gloves which will obviously stop any forensic evidence being found. Did you think about ringing the council or ring the garda station and ask for a crime number, then give that to your insurance company and they do the rest. I know lots of people who have had their cars robbed and burnt out and insurance companies have paid out no problem.

• Advertisement

echomadman wrote: »
    A friend of my girlfriends was rather sa\vagely mugged on the corner by carltion coffee last night (monday).
    She and two firends were walking home from costellos (first night back at art college) when a carload of tracksuit wearing girls pulled alongside and one of the occupants asked for a light, she said she didnt and walked on, they kerb crawled after her and asked again. She looked in her bag to see if she had a light the girl in the car grabbed it, and her hair. the driver took off and she was dragged from the corner by carlton coffee up to eats of eden before they let go.
    Her legs are pretty rashed up and she has stitches in her chin as well as bruises to her head. Apparently these girls are "known to the gardai".

This was four girls cruising looking for art students to rob obviously not giving a **** about consequences as they did this in front of witnesses in a part of town full of cctv cameras. I said i'd post this as a warning especially as the colleges are just starting back. Just because they're girls doesnt mean they're not scumbags

Hiya, i was wondering, if the girls want to get in contact with me so we can check if it's the same gang, and maybe put some pressure on the gardaí to see what's being done about it, or just chat and see how they are, you can message me and i'll pass on my email adress to you, I've already started popping in to the various garda stations to begin operation "Small Stubborn Itch"...the last word of which in time the guards themselves may add a letter B to! :)

peace

Hiya, i was wondering, if the girls want to get in contact with me so we can check if it's the same gang, and maybe put some pressure on the gardaí to see what's being done about it, or just chat and see how they are, you can message me and i'll pass on my email adress to you, I've already started popping in to the various garda stations to begin operation "Small Stubborn Itch"...the last word of which in time the guards themselves may add a letter B to! :)

peace

If your not getting any joy from the gardai that are dealing it may be worth your while to go to the station and ask to speak to a sergeant etc

Very hard to convict anyone without that legal thing known as PROOF and EVIDENCE. Unless the person is caught in the car its pretty hard to prove who did it. Most car thieves wear gloves which will obviously stop any forensic evidence being found. Did you think about ringing the council or ring the garda station and ask for a crime number, then give that to your insurance company and they do the rest. I know lots of people who have had their cars robbed and burnt out and insurance companies have paid out no problem.

Yea I did all that. I'd say Hibernian will pay out but the guards didn't help at all. the reference number they set up for the crime, that Hibernian need, they lost. when I went in there with sheets to get stamped, the dope behind the counter wouldn't do it and wanted me to come back when the other guard from the scene was back onshift. needless to say, they are a badly organised bunch of cowboys. I rang the council and they had taken the car and told me they informed the guards, but sure the guards are a bunch of wasters to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

why is it that limerick a city a little smaller than galway is always in the news for the wrong reasons

Galway is a nice city. We all know crime is everywhere. but if I had the choice, found a job in IT up in galway, I would be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 galwayfotogrfr

Hi
    to the friend of the two girls who got f-d over by the dogs in the car... you should mention it to Flan Costello on the door of Costellos. If you say that people coming home from his club are being attacked he might say something to the Gardai as he is well in with the Guards in Limerick. Lots of them drink there.
    hope this is of help.
    As regards groups of 16 year olds in Limerick running wild. had lots of problems with people over the years. people tried to attack me and my girlfriend one night but fought them. The gardai showed up and beat the tar out of them (these were girls by the way). turns out these ladies were on crack.

If your not getting any joy from the gardai that are dealing it may be worth your while to go to the station and ask to speak to a sergeant etc

Definitely, that's the plan, keep moving up the chain till i get somewhere...i can keep going for ages on this, also gonna go to Willie O Dea and highlight it, and maybe getting it in the media, but not in a way to glorify it for any of those gowls to read it and get a kick out of it, but just to expose them to get rid of th element of surprise...it's not perfect but these are the only weapons we have, and unfortunately they're all post-event things...until they legalise Pepper Spray and whatnot we have no other options...

They're all on craic the B*astards. u'd think they'd try getting a job or somethin. bunch of wasters.

Definitely, that's the plan, keep moving up the chain till i get somewhere...i can keep going for ages on this, also gonna go to Willie O Dea and highlight it, and maybe getting it in the media, but not in a way to glorify it for any of those gowls to read it and get a kick out of it, but just to expose them to get rid of th element of surprise...it's not perfect but these are the only weapons we have, and unfortunately they're all post-event things...until they legalise Pepper Spray and whatnot we have no other options...

They would have got some surprise if you were able to carry pepper spray and ya hit them with it.... :eek:

• Advertisement

They would have got some surprise if you were able to carry pepper spray and ya hit them with it.... :eek:

Yeah but picture this - I spray them, I get done for possession of an illegal weapon, I get the criminal record! They get victim's compo, so they buy a bigger faster car to rob people in - Go Team Justice!!

Not the best scenario...but the second that stuff ever becomes legal, it's the first thing going into my bag after my car keys. Simple as.

Advertisement