Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savage attack on catherine/thomas street

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

Yeah but picture this - I spray them, I get done for possession of an illegal weapon, I get the criminal record! They get victim's compo, so they buy a bigger faster car to rob people in - Go Team Justice!!

Not the best scenario...but the second that stuff ever becomes legal, it's the first thing going into my bag after my car keys. Simple as.

I know what ya mean. i bet you'd be charged fairly quickly too if you did use it. Not like what happened when you reported your assault to station, your still waiting. Typical

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

futura123 wrote: »
    why is it that limerick a city a little smaller than galway is always in the news for the wrong reasons

Galway is smaller than limerick.Dooradoyle castletroy and raheen are not included in limerick citys sensus figures.Like everywhere galway has a scumbag element.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

If they were to legalise pepper spray or/and other weapons these criminals would also be using them . It only serves to up the ante.
    Having said that I know of two people who are so pissed off with being 'victims' of petty crime that they carry weapons whenever they go to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 famousjenny

If they were to legalise pepper spray or/and other weapons these criminals would also be using them . It only serves to up the ante.
    Having said that I know of two people who are so pissed off with being 'victims' of petty crime that they carry weapons whenever they go to town.

I think they'll up the ante whatever we do,that's how they roll. They already did that when the girls we fought with on Saturday night stayed IN their car for the Monday night attack, dragging the poor girl by her hair as the drove. So it doesn't matter really. But I won't be leaving my house empty handed anymore that much I do know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

Galway is smaller than limerick.Dooradoyle castletroy and raheen are not included in limerick citys sensus figures.Like everywhere galway has a scumbag element.
    dont think you are correct there!!!! Galway city has been shown to be larger in recent years than limerick. census 2006:D

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

And some more figures...to prove you wrong. Galway still isnt bigger than Limerick when the proper boundaries are applied to Limerick..ie population in the urban area..

http://www.cso.ie/census/census2006results/volume_2/census_2006_vol_2_tables_14_15.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Raiser wrote: »
    Car?

License Plate?

CCTV?

Known to the Gardaí?

- Sorry, wouldn't say there's any chance of justice being served here......

Pity it didn't happen in the lobby of Henry St. Garda Station at 3pm on a Mon. evening - they might have gotten a very serious caution then :mad:

Limerick Gardaí are piloting an interesting and unique crime avoidance scheme for the past number of decades. Its a kind of live and let live system where they cash their pay cheques from our taxes and the scum of Limerick cash the dole cheques from our taxes - while all the while one group terrorise the people who pay those same taxes and the the other casually pretends not to notice......

Ah now, they do a bit of work. If you and drive a car thats FULLY road legal. Full license, Tax, Insurance, N.C.T. they still manage to spend at least a half an hour with the same questions.

"Is it your own car sonny?"
    -"It is Guard"
    "How did you pay for that?"
    -"I Work"
    "Those wheels look expensive!"
    -"They are"

Seriously though, i have n problem with them checking over the car but i don't need to be interrogated every time i meet a check point. There is plenty of crime around without them hounding me everynight!

And i'm not the only one!

Also i'm not some 17 year old driving a souped up **** box.
    I'm 24 and drive a fairly standard Subaru Impreza!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

dont think you are correct there!!!! Galway city has been shown to be larger in recent years than limerick. census 2006:D

How come the media didnt report about the innocent polish man beaten up in eyre square in broad daylight?For a small city compared to cork and limerick galway is suprisingly rough.

maybe because limerick dominates the crime news day in and day out. galway has its fair amount of scumbags but i would rather live there than limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭j0605

Ah now, they do a bit of work. If you and drive a car thats FULLY road legal. Full license, Tax, Insurance, N.C.T. they still manage to spend at least a half an hour with the same questions.

"Is it your own car sonny?"
    -"It is Guard"
    "How did you pay for that?"
    -"I Work"
    "Those wheels look expensive!"
    -"They are"

Seriously though, i have n problem with them checking over the car but i don't need to be interrogated every time i meet a check point. There is plenty of crime around without them hounding me everynight!

And i'm not the only one!

Also i'm not some 17 year old driving a souped up **** box.
    I'm 24 and drive a fairly standard Subaru Impreza!

Do not get me started on this! It makes me so angry

Sure they cant do the most important part of their jobs like catching criminals so they need to do the retarded interrogations so as they look as if they are busy,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 victomized

Same kind of incident happened on the weekend same description of girls but it was a dark VW Passat the girls would have slowly drove up along side the walkway then jumped out and took turns attacking.... It was reported to the Garda but they didnt seem to be bothered or really didnt believe the situation and one male Gard was actually chuckling and walked away in Henry St station....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

got to be the same girls. we need to do something about this. wheres willie o dea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 beanflick

maybe because limerick dominates the crime news day in and day out. galway has its fair amount of scumbags but i would rather live there than limerick.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland_crime_index.html
    Yes day-in-day-out :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

victomized wrote: »
    Same kind of incident happened on the weekend same description of girls but it was a dark VW Passat the girls would have slowly drove up along side the walkway then jumped out and took turns attacking.... It was reported to the Garda but they didnt seem to be bothered or really didnt believe the situation and one male Gard was actually chuckling and walked away in Henry St station....
    Fuppin pr*icks. its a joke. Was it a dark navy passat with alloys. a 2000 model? because if it is, I can guarantee that is the travellers out by chawkes in castletroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

victomized wrote: »

I have far less respect for the Gardaí involved than I do for the green-gee, septic knickers, 'I'm spending your PAYE wages on Argos CHAY-INS' fugly VW girls....

- I do think that the VW girls are poorly bred, ignorant, low IQ, scum - BUT to be fair they're not leeching off my pay-cheque while pretending to be honest, respectable, hard-working members of society.......To my mind scum is scum and Templemore needs to filter its disappointing end product an awful lot better.......

TheLoc wrote: »
    Fuppin pr*icks. its a joke. Was it a dark navy passat with alloys. a 2000 model? because if it is, I can guarantee that is the travellers out by chawkes in castletroy.
    holy ****, is that the one, i almost got driven off the road by them a few weeks ago, but it was 4 guys in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 famousjenny

Maybe we should all gather together, get a bunch of Slipknot masks, roll up in a HIRED Passat to where they hang out of an evening, and just go from one scabby Passat to another slashing tyres??????

Wouldn't be long getting the Guards attention then...cue the reports on hate crimes in Limerick....phone lines on Joe Duffy's Liveline heating up...."Is it cos we're Travellaaaaaaars???"

"Eh, no. It's cause the wans that drive around looking for people to beat up and rob happen to stay here...if you wouldn't mind sending them out to us we'd be much obliged....cheers."

There's a fierce hum of Vigilante off me tonight....

zuroph wrote: »
    holy ****, is that the one, i almost got driven off the road by them a few weeks ago, but it was 4 guys in it.
    I don't know if it was but the one i'm thinkin of is from that haluting site in castletroy.

right, can we all make a call to willies office next week on this, and try get some replies and get something done, this is a joke that this is still going. I'll fire off an email tomorrow.

• Advertisement

right, can we all make a call to willies office next week on this, and try get some replies and get something done, this is a joke that this is still going. I'll fire off an email tomorrow.
    It is a joke. we're all with you. Let us know what kind response u get?

sent:

Dear Minister O Dea,

I have read for the last few weeks, and been told directly by some unfortunate friends, of a gang committing several muggings in the Limerick city area. I refer you to the following link, a thread on Boards.ie, where several victims have compared their ordeals, leading to the conclusion that it must be the same group involved in all attacks. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055374459. In all instances, it has been a group of girls, in a dark VW car.

We are shocked that this gang continues to operate, and at the dismissive nature the gardaí seem to be taking to the attacks. Surely, in a city centre riddled with CCTV, it would not take a lot of work to identify and round up these thugs. Yet just the other day we get to hear of yet another attack, this time on the Dock road, almost definitely the same group of female thugs. There is no excuse for these criminals to still be free to attack our wives/girlfriends/daughters.

Even the fact that most of these attacks havent been reported in the papers shocks me. Surely, at the very least, a warning should have been issued to females to not walk alone at night, or to avoid quiet streets. the viciousness of the attacks is frightening.

I ask that you put pressure on the city centre Gardaí to pay more attention to this gang, or at the very least, issue a public warning to the innocent females of Limerick city.

Many Thanks

I urge others to do similar. Will post reply when recieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

bullets wrote: »
    Speaking of the Dole and the dole office....I hear when the doors opened yesterday some girl
    was knocked to the ground and trampled on by the crowd rushing to sign and feck off again. An Ambulance needed to be called for her.

With regards to the Gardai. I've seen less of them about on patrol since these
    CCTV cameras have been installed. There is no visual deterrent or a visual prescience
    of the Gardai on our streets. I dont understand why they cant have more patrols out there.
    especially when night clubs end or at weekends etc when its busier.

Middle of the day I have seem scumbags kick the head off of each other
    in front of crowds of onlookers in William street, They dont care whos looking,
    or if they get arrested or if they are on CCTV. Crazy!

With regards to Gardai on the street. How many Garda members would people think
    would be enough to patrol the city center effectively? I dont think it would take that
    many.

A Team of 2 Garda members at the top of Catherine street could patrol the entire street.
    Its a long straight street where you can see a good long way into the distance.

maybe 4-6 to do the length of O'Connell Street,

4 more to patrol around the Market Areas, Another 4 to patrol around the docks
    and riverside area.

Thats not a lot of man power!

Id love to see more of the Cycle Cops! Very effective for patrolling in my opinion.
    ~B

Are you serious? The Gardai are all around town everyday. On a Saturday night, you cannot go 5 mins without seeing a patrol car. Also, they have plenty of uniform and plain clothes Gardai patrolling in unmarked cars, you just don't realise it.

So you're an expert, 'Bullets'? How would you know how many Gardai it takes to patrol the city centre?:rolleyes:

For those of you criticising the Gardai; why don't you criticise the gangs in certain estates for using up Garda resources? There are 24hr armed and unarmed patrols in these areas. If they take them out of there and put them into the city centre, all hell breaks loose. Simple as.

As usual the armchair experts throw criticism at the Gardai without looking at the facts.

Also, to have Gardai sitting in cars outside clubs at closing time wouldn't be the solution imo. I've seen it so many times when fellas tanked up on booze flip out when tey see hi-viz jackets etc.

Also, Gardai, like every other police force, cannot be everywhere at any given time. If they could, there would be no crime.

/rant

"It was reported to the Garda but they didnt seem to be bothered or really didnt believe the situation and one male Gard was actually chuckling and walked away in Henry St station...."
    this is my problem with the gardaí in this situation, in other places in this thread I have defended them, but no victim should leave a station feeling like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I noticed a navy 00 Passat with alloy wheels coming out of the Halting site on Childer's Road today. The one behind KFC and Pizza Hut. The only reason I took notice of it was because of the irratic behaviour of the driver. He sped up towards the Parkway direction. Didn't get the full reg though.

i've noticed them a few times, once while driving out the dublin road, they were swerving as close to the kerb as possible so that the passenger in the back could lean out and slap girls on the arse.

i've noticed them a few times, once while driving out the dublin road, they were swerving as close to the kerb as possible so that the passenger in the back could lean out and slap girls on the arse.
    His name is john-paul. i'm 80% sure of it cause when we were kids in castletroy we got in a huge brawl with the tinkers over him robbing a little kid and knocking him out for empty phone cards.

I think the limerick post newspaper should be contacted also as they do respond...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Rogue0605

eroo wrote: »
    Are you serious? The Gardai are all around town everyday. On a Saturday night, you cannot go 5 Minutes without seeing a patrol car. Also, they have plenty of uniform and plain clothes Gardai patrolling in unmarked cars, you just don't realize it.

Yes I do agree the guards to walk about town on a Saturday night but I don't think there do much good.

The are there to protect us yet if there were doing what the were paid to do there wouldn't be so many of these crimes, done by the same people to report here.

I was recently told of a situation, that happened last Saturday night about 11ish i think, A Young boy in William street using his mobile phone was approached by 2 yobs and there was talking a shoving, A taxi driver that was parked near this called Henry Street and reported that there was a situation, the guard said he could see it on the CCTV and thanked the cab driver for calling.

minutes later the situation got worse and turned into a fight, the taxi driver again called henry street and said that the situation had gotten worse and it had be 13 minutes since he reported the incident, the guard got a bit irritated and said "I have told you already we have it on camera"
    and hung up. the boy got his mobile taken off him and the yobs left.

The cab driver drove around and gave the Young boy a lift, the boy told the cab driver that the scumbag told him that he was a heroin addict and that if he didn't give him the phone he'd stab him to death.

My point is, the guards saw this on camera and did nothing about it, the scum that roams our city are more than capable in carrying out a vicious attack and had the boy been stabbed to death the guards would have done nothing to protect him.

What is the point of having these cameras if these crimes are just monitored and left happen. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Rogue0605

"It was reported to the Guard but they didn't seem to be bothered or really didn't believe the situation and one male Gard was actually chuckling and walked away in Henry St station...."
    this is my problem with the gardaí in this situation, in other places in this thread I have defended them, but no victim should leave a station feeling like this.

This makes me sick,....... the guards are obviously amused by these situations :mad:

• Advertisement

ok, can we be very careful to not point the finger of blame at anyone yet? We dont know if someone is involved purely because they have a dark VW car. let alone start naming people!! lets not jump the gun, and distract from getting this sorted.
    also, rogue, lets not tarnish them all with the experience of one.

Advertisement