Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm desperate!!

Options
  • 09-09-2008 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I'm waiting for my appeals to come back, I need 5 more points...but obviously I don't feel safe in just waiting to see if I did go up, I need a plan B so that I'm not completely lost if nothing comes back in october, so I'm trying to find FETAC courses that I can do in Galway city (cos I'm trying to get into NUIG, and I already have my accomm there so something to do in the city while I'm waiting, that would also help me get my course next year if I do have to wait would be ideal), I have the list of FETAC courses that they accept for admission to Arts, but they're just codes and letters and my internet searching skills must be very bad because I can't find anything to help me! No relevant info! Like I can't find anything that mentions the actual institutions that do the FETAC courses...
    If anyone knows a list of the FETAC courses available to do in Galway city, I would much appreciate it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

There are many schools running them, just ring them directly, GTI, Galway Community College, Mercy, Pres etc, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Casper89

There are many schools running them, just ring them directly, GTI, Galway Community College, Mercy, Pres etc, best of luck.

okay..I've found the websites for GCC and GTI! But what are the other two?? Mercy and Pres? Are they in the city? And can anyone tell me where exactly in the city are GCC and GTI?:) My accomm is 10 mins from NUIG you see!

GTI had atleast one of the courses listed in the NUIG prospectus for entry to first year arts, but does anyone know anything about the courses listed there specifically(in the prospectus)? They're just the codes, no mention of the institutions, and I can't figure out what county they're in!

GTI has Print Journalism anyway, so I've applied for that..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

www.qualifax.ie has an epic list of FETAC courses, if you have course codes it has info on them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Em_2008

try careersportal.ie too. its like qualifax but its meant to be easier to navigate especially if youre finding it hard to get what your looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

What about working full time for the year and re applying for the course? Points could come down, or you might find another degree course you want to do

Advertisement