Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Vodafone Broadband Contract?

Options
  • 09-09-2008 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭

im going to cancel my vodafone contract after 2 months

im getting awful speeds

100kps download and 43kbps upload

and ping 826

just wondering whats the best line of attack to cancel the contract with voda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

im getting awful speeds

and ping 826

i would start by saying its not broadband in any shape or form, 64kbps is dial up speed

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lmimmfn wrote: »
    i would start by saying its not broadband in any shape or form, 64kbps is dial up speed

ya cheers for that mate

i rang them up and they put me onto data support(they need a cert or somthing from data support to say im getting crap speeds)

but of course data support was closed:mad:

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

im getting awful speeds

and ping 826

Actually in the process of getting rid of it. Just sent an email to the business sales department. A termination cost is involved in cancelling the contract early. Don't know what the cost is as my contract had expired.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Clareman08

Looks as I will have to cancel my Vodafone Broadband account as well. I signed up in their Ennis shop last January and for most of the year it worked very well, but it has really gone downhill in the past couple of months, with many "cannot connect" messages, pages freezing, email downloads dying halfway, etc. Vodafone Tech Support told me that the 3G network is affected by the bad weather, but that doesn't make sense as there was plenty of rotten weather earlier in the year and I'm getting a good 4 to 5 bar 3G/HSDPA signal in all weathers.

Tech Support advised me to switch back to GPRS when the "3G network is down", which I am doing. OK, GPRS seems at least to be reliable, but it's no faster than dial-up, so why should we be expected to pay broadband prices?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Any one wishing to terminate a contract before the term expires should make sure and have a record of all calls/emails reporting the bad service. If you just suddenly decide to terminate your contract without that record you will definitely leave yourself open to having to pay off the remainder of the contract term.

• Advertisement
Advertisement