Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exscaped snake... Help..,¿

Options
  • 09-09-2008 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

My GFs 5FT kingsnake has exscaped in are apartment. We just saw its tall behind the washing machine but its gone now. Can anybody help with ideas how to catch him¿ Or is there any trained service I can ring for help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

He'll probably be curled up somewhere warm, check if he's managed to get into the working's of the washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

try leaving his nice warm viv beside where you think he is with some food in it? he might see the heat or smell the food and go in2 it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Thanks for the fast replys {and no spelling nazis, 1st post was done on my Nokia while running up the road to get home to help}

LovelyTom:

When I got home he was half inside and half behind the washing machine.

The kitchen is really small, and I spotted him between the back of the washing machine and the back of the store under the sink so made a brass decision and pulled out the washing machine which was wedged in and it bolted. After almost flood the kitchen trying to get the washing machine out of my way to get the fridge.

Luckily I squeezed behind the fridge and grabbed him before he got 1/4 the way out of the hole in the wall for all the pipes, holding and blocking his head while trying to not get bit, him luckily looped around the wood and reversed back and I was able to catch him when the washing machine was......
    LovelyTom wrote: »
    He'll probably be curled up somewhere warm, check if he's managed to get into the working's of the washing machine.

Edit:

LovelyTom: GF's asking if your reply is coming from the oracle of personal experience.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Thanks for the fast replys {and no spelling nazis, 1st post was done on my Nokia while running up the road to get home to help}

LovelyTom:

When I got home he was half inside and half behind the washing machine.

The kitchen is really small, and I spotted him between the back of the washing machine and the back of the store under the sink so made a brass decision and pulled out the washing machine which was wedged in and it bolted. After almost flood the kitchen trying to get the washing machine out of my way to get the fridge.

Luckily I squeezed behind the fridge and grabbed him before he got 1/4 the way out of the hole in the wall for all the pipes, holding and blocking his head while trying to not get bit, him luckily looped around the wood and reversed back and I was able to catch him when the washing machine was......

Cool, so he's all safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Yeah, safely back in his viv, a bit pissed off and this nose is a bit rubber.
    LovelyTom wrote: »
    Cool, so he's all safe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

Ha ha glad you found him, Its always the Kings that escape!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

I remember when, I lived in London, the time my Hognose went slide about. I had left the glass open when I got a phone call. When I came back into the front room he was gone.

I searched everywhere but no joy. Two months later, having left dead mice all around the flat to entice him out, I switched off his viv as there was still no sign.

Two months after that I was sitting in the front room, just back from some beers with the boys, when he slid back into the front room full of life.

I luckily had not dismantled his viv so I fired it up again & fed him up & watered him. I spoke to a fella I knew at London Zoo who ran the snakes pits & he reckoned the little fella had gone into hibernation.

Advertisement