Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon-JFK Flight time

Options
  • 09-09-2008 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hey guys anyone travelled on aer lingus shannon to jfk recently just wondering of the approx. travelling time? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Went over in july, it took a shade under 7 hours. Try keep yourself entertained somehow ! The in flight entertainment is crap on the older A330's. The newer one's are a bit more fun with the interactive entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

At this time of year the winds are strong Easterly, so it'll be around 7 hours. On the return however it should be around 5 and half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Did Dub-LAX in 10hrs 10 mins on Sunday.
    The in flight entertainment is crap on the older A330's.
    You can say that again. Absolutely dire. Also why do EI run what are commercials for New York pubs and restaurants on flights that go no where near New York? Madness. When flying to California I don't want to know about some pizza shop in the Bronx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Did Dub-LAX in 10hrs 10 mins on Sunday.

:confused: I flew back from chicago on sunday, the inbound flight we were waiting to get on was 1 hr 30 mins late because of the hurricane winds, but we got back to dub in about 6 hrs with a 150mph tail wind. I assumed all westerly flights in the last week or two would have been a bit longer than usual.
    (also - A330-300, very comfy)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Was over at the weekend.. DUB - JFK 6hrs 30 mins, JFK DUB 5hrs 30 mins (or thereabouts).. bring plenty of entertainment.. got the old planes both times and the second time I couldnt even see a tv screen from my seat. The second plane was the A330-200 which they usually use for extra long haul routes. (It also turned out I was on the plane I flew to LAX in last year, 12 hours.. and having to crane my neck around the guy in front of me to see a screen which was too far away.. very uncomfortable).

Very dissapointing on the part of Aer Lingus.. those older planes need to be refitted with better in flight entertainment.. for a few quid more I could have flown with BA who have much better in flight entertainment and services. Which is probably what i'll do next time.

• Advertisement

yeah it is annoying that when you pay one price yet its a lottery whether you get a personal screen or not. I got one both ways (EI-DUZ) to and from ORD and it was great, but i can imagine what its like being without it.

Although the homeward journey i was in 29A, so back up against the toilets, the seat reclines about an inch. Guy in front was quite heavy and therefore reclined about 4-5 inches beyond what it should, had the screen in my face for the duration while he slept (with his head against my window!)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Deleted at Tengers request by Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Last week, DUB -JFK 6hrs 20min, JFK-DUB 5hrs 55min.
    Same experience as a lot of posters here,The A330-300 are in their own right great sturdy aircraft and very quiet in the cruise.The crews on my flights anyway were excellent, and were happily distributing the free soft drinks to the passengers from the galleys at doors 2 and 4 and in general did a good job of looking after everybody. Certainly made a pleasent change from the Ryanair experience.
    However the EI product is seriously let down by the lack of a proper IFE system onboard having got EI-DUB and EI-ORD for my flights. It all got extremely depressing in the middle of the night as the mp3 batteries died with the only alternative being the god awful "chronicles of Narnia":D

However arriving at the gate at Dublin the saddest sight was seeing the LAX passengers emerging from EI-EWR...Rubbish IFE for the length of that flight must have been an extremely long slog:confused:
    Despite the IFE Aer Lingus would still get my business as spending that length of time on a Continental 757 would I think be even worse!

apparently SNN/DUB/ORD flights regularly get the new A330-300 aircraft EI-DUZ because of the increased payload it offers.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Deleted at Tengers request by Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Can you use your laptop on Aer Lingus planes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

FYI bramble, DUZ will be operating the 105 mostly from around 27th October onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

I used my laptop on the plane over, got me some study in too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Guys i feel i must complain, where are all the pictures from said flights?????:confused:

Yeah, sorry steyr, im still wading through the 500 pics I took in chicago.

Ive a few from the cabin at home (in work now) ill stick up later in the aviation pics thread. But more interestingly ive a good few shots from terminal 5 i took while waiting for the return flight. Mainly AA, as their terminal was across from us but theres a few odd ones (alaska 737, air india 747, BA 747, some northwest and of course EI-DUZ taxiing in)

Advertisement