Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista doesn't see Eircom Wireless Router

• 09-09-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've been having an issue with Windows vista and the Eircom wireless router that we just have got installed. Basically the Windows Vista machine does not see the wireless router. I've troubleshooted as far as I can but with no luck:(
    I've tried the following:
    1. Connect to ethernet connection on router,no issues
    2. Changed security from WPA to WEP and then no security, Vista does not see Wireless network
    3. Flushed DNS settings, checked Ipconfig still problem
    4. changed channel on router, still the issue
    5. connected to Wireless router from NTL, no problems
    The Computer does see another wireless network from a neighbour with poor signal strength but it doesn't see our network even from a foot away. XP machine picks up network no problem.
    I don't want to upgrade to windows XP:) but I might have no choice..

Any ideas would be appreciated......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

A lot of people get this because of Norton Security suites.

Disable your firewall and see if it helps.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

layke wrote: »

Disable your firewall temporarily and see if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mullenmj

layke wrote: »

Thanks Layke

Tried that already :( I'll have to remove Vista and go to XP!!!!!!1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Have you verified that another machine can pick it up first?

Achilles wrote: »
    Have you verified that another machine can pick it up first?

Yes, I've used an XP machine that has no problem connecting to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Before installing XP, verify what mode (b,g etc)the wireless is on and check that your card is set to the same.I doubt if the problem is with Vista. If it were then a lot of ppl would have the same issue as yours.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Before installing XP, verify what mode (b,g etc)the wireless is on and check that your card is set to the same.I doubt if the problem is with Vista. If it were then a lot of ppl would have the same issue as yours.

Thanks.
    just made sure now. the funny thing is that the Vista machine sees 2 other networks from Neighbours but at low signal strengths but can't pick up ours....
    2 laptops right beside each other, no issue with XP. I agree that the problem probably isn't Vista but I can't see what else I can try........

Advertisement