Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresher's Ball - How'd It Go??

Options
  • 09-09-2008 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

So did anyone head into it last night?? Did you have fun? :)

I thought it was great fun. Who doesn't like free Haribo as you walk in. :cool:

The Coronas and Saw Doctors both put on really impressive performances too. Also, met a fellow boardsie. So all was not lost. ;)
    Quite liked the venue for the event, never been there before. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

4 of my mates went, they weren't too happy about not being let into The Coronas as it was full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

I didn't go but one of my flatmates went and he said his ears are still ringing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

SRFC90 wrote: »
    4 of my mates went, they weren't too happy about not being let into The Coronas as it was full.

I didn't realise the place was that full. :eek:

That does suck though and the bands playing downstairs weren't great either. So got outts there as fast as I could last night. :pac:

EDIT: Yep, my ears are still ringing too. ITs not funny. I'm half deaf today. lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

i didnt go, i stayed in and read my book like the boring bastard that i am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Am I the only one who thought the Freshers' Ball was an actual ball?

:$

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

So did anyone head into it last night?? Did you have fun? :)

I thought it was great fun. Who doesn't like free Haribo as you walk in. :cool:

The Coronas and Saw Doctors both put on really impressive performances too. Also, met a fellow boardsie. So all was not lost. ;)
    Quite liked the venue for the event, never been there before. :)

The Coronas and Saw Doctors were the 2 bands I seen aswell - and I was mightily impressed, especially considering I knew very little of either bands music :D

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

The Coronas and Saw Doctors were the 2 bands I seen aswell - and I was mightily impressed, especially considering I knew very little of either bands music :D

I was in exactly the same boat you as you too. Never heard much from either band. Two really excellent live bands. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

The Coronas were pretty decent and i thought that the saw doctors put on a great show.

Sash was awful, and he only played about 5 songs

the drinks promotions were pretty good, though i paid for it the next morning :(

The venue was quite poor, it was too small, you could barely see. If you lost one of your friends it would take half an hour to find them again.

Advertisement