Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing cash from AIB, I need......

Options
  • 09-09-2008 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Taking just over a grand out, afaik Ive a 500 a day ATM limit for security (Id intended withdrawing 500 now and 500 tomorrow.....but **** me that is some weather out).

What do I need to do it in person, just my passport and my ATM card? Or do I have to go and fish out my bank account no. from some statement buried deep in my room.

Hope I get there before the hadron whatsit. Paper money is all that is acceptable in what survives as the world tomorrow :pac:

And for any nerd saying "banking forum tbh" FFS, I need to find this out now. It is a simple question, not a long winded mortgage enquiry to you all. Jeez.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Take 600 from any aib atm now and 400 after midnight... And you are good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Been there, the 500 a day limit can be a drag when you have more then 500 in there

I go in with my bank card, teller swipes it and i put my pin in, also have my uni id or passport just in case but never needed them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Photo ID and "card with pin" will get you 1,300€ in the bank at the counter but you should also be able to get out another 500€ on top of that with just your "card with pin" from the ATM.

Or if you need it today give snyper a PM if you are young enough......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Mrs. 6th

That would be fine, ie your photo id and your atm card, you'll just be asked to key in your pin number at the desk to confirm its your atm. So there will be no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Just head into the bank with your banklink card and you will get the money out. Bring photo id just to be on the safe side, even though i dont think you need it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Take 600 from any aib atm now and 400 after midnight... And you are good to go

You either wrongly assume I have a car or you are nowhere near North Dublin right now. The ten 50 notes would probably soak into each other in all that rain.

Cheers dudes :)

BOFH- Just out of curiousity re what you said about a 1300 limit, what if I wanted to withdraw every penny? Isnt it my right?

If I really believed that hadron collrideyerarse stuff Id be in a strip club in town right now throwing all my money in the air :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

shane86 wrote: »
    You either wrongly assume I have a car or you are nowhere near North Dublin right now. The ten 50 notes would probably soak into each other in all that rain.

Cheers dudes :)

BOFH- Just out of curiousity re what you said about a 1300 limit, what if I wanted to withdraw every penny? Isnt it my right?

If I really believed that hadron collrideyerarse stuff Id be in a strip club in town right now throwing all my money in the air :pac:

Forgot about the weather....
    And i live in the CC so i assumed you did:rolleyes:

1300 for other branches but 5000 when you go to your branch

am a female btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

I'd try the one on O'Connell Street...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Shane86:

This is a limit enforced by the bank, I've had to pull out +1,500€ before and was told at the counter that they can only give out 1,300€ per day but this does not effect my ATM daily limits. Its a crap system but that's how banks make the money....
    shane86 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Shane86:

This is a limit enforced by the bank, I've had to pull out +1,500€ before and was told at the counter that they can only give out 1,300€ per day but this does not effect my ATM daily limits. Its a crap system but that's how banks make the money....

How do banks make their money from doing this?

They do it to protect you, the customer. Wouldn't you be the first to scream if someone stole/cloned your card and went it to a bank and withdrew your entire life savings!

Shane86, if you want to withdraw everything (and close your account), you can notify the bank and they will give you the money then. However, as per above, they can't just give everything to somebody who just walks in off the street unannounced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Surely there must be some way you can get larger amounts quickly? If I wanted to get a few grand out to buy a car or something, I wouldn't be too keen on having to go in day after day taking out the daily limit each time. The jammer could be well gone by the time I had the dosh!

A few days notice supported by photo ID when you call would be the sensible way for banks to do it. Having said that, I haven't checked with any banks so maybe this is how it's done in some. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ifwah

The €1300 limit is only the limit on your card in the branch,if you want more money out of your account thats fine once you have id.Obviously if u want twenty grand in cash you have to give notice to the bank to make sure they have that cash out but other than that id is all you need.The banks never refuse to give someone their money

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

anyone know what the limit is for withdrawing over the counter? i shouldn't have any problems taking out 5k with my id should i?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

anyone know what the limit is for withdrawing over the counter? i shouldn't have any problems taking out 5k with my id should i?

Nope you will have no problems, ive withdrawn more than that when buying cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

take every penny out shane, spend one last night at the strip club:D...........as of tomorrow,...........Its time to get that allotment from the council and keep chickens in the garden, financial and social armageddon is approaching...........:eek:............ps, do none of you young rapscallions use cheque books anymore?

Advertisement