Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new Bloc Party album....

Options
  • 09-09-2008 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Intimacy...
    What are peoples thoughts.

intimacy- ratings. 15 votes

amazing
    0% 0 votes
    very good
    0% 0 votes
    good
    66% 10 votes
    average
    0% 0 votes
    below standards
    20% 3 votes
    terrible
    13% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

big bloc party fan here.

only listened to it once but so far not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 manfist

id recomend to listen to it more , its more experimental than the previous two.
    new song previewd today called 'tallons' which wasnt on the original download and will be the second single is pretty good.
    one of my favourite albums of this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Cadeaus

While not Silent Alarm, I think it's a step up from the last. The last few tracks are definitely the best though.

Cadeaus wrote: »
    While not Silent Alarm, I think it's a step up from the last. The last few tracks are definitely the best though.

id say the same , especially with tallons released today and more tracks are going to be on the final cd in october its gona be a diferent album as a whole on cd,
    it myt top silent alarm i think. it has more raw riffs in it than the last but also more melodic singning in it like , a weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I like the idea of a quickly produced album with a few extra songs released over the following few weeks.
    I got an email this morning to download Talons. Really like it!

Kudos to BP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Talons brilliant
    Mecury brilliant
    Ares brilliant
    one month off brilliant
    Trojan Horse brilliant
    and suppose Halo is good too..

Whats not to love:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'm really liking this album. The last album didn't draw me back to it for repeat listens but this one is back on form. I like the electronicy and experimental guitars. the first song is really cool, and Mercury is deadly.
    Biko is a great song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Took me a while to get into it, just like A Weekend in the City. Theres some great stand-out tracks but didn't like the other tracks on the album. After a few listens though it has really grown on me.

I would love if they did another album like Silent Alarm, that album was 10/10 no bother. Perfect album, sadly I think they are on this electronic sound for a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Love Bloc Party but i'm struggling with this one...
    Hopefully another 10 listens and i'll start warming to it.
    Talons & Aces are class in fairness.

its ares! also russels remix of it on for the guardian was amazing , www.blocparty.com/guardian
    yeah give it a chance , nme says its there best yet, i agree in certin ways,
    the songs are all more musically talented on intimacy , with the style of both previous albums coming together to blend to this amazing sound in my opinion , i love it.
    getting the vinyl on monday,cnt wait even doh iv heard the album a million times scince it was released for download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

There's another thread here that discusses album.

'Mercury' is a serious contender for most annoying song of the year and 'Ares' is woeful. Some of the other songs aren't bad though. 'Halo' in particular is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 princess_karen

exiot wrote: »
    Took me a while to get into it, just like A Weekend in the City. Theres some great stand-out tracks but didn't like the other tracks on the album. After a few listens though it has really grown on me.

I would love if they did another album like Silent Alarm, that album was 10/10 no bother. Perfect album, sadly I think they are on this electronic sound for a while..

I totally agree-Silent Alarm cant be beaten but this one is a good listen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

"Mercury" gave a horrible first impression imo.
    However, the album's pretty good all in all. Not as good as the last 2- But still deserves a "Very Good" vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DavidLive

It's a very good album in my opinion.

They have become somewhat, more dynamic, and are offering a more industrial, edgy and offbeat sound. They are, thankfully, offering us something new.

So many bands, at the point Bloc Party are at now, don't change or try new things, and they start to fizzle. Bloc Party are remaining fresh and innovative in my opinion, and are delivering an album not like its predecessors, but which still has a good quality to it.

Advertisement