Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone interested in starting a band?

• 09-09-2008 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey,

Anyone interested in starting a band? I'm a guitarist and would love to get into some musical entity.

I'd like to play an eclectic range of styles- alternative rock, funk, electronic. Anyone interested PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭mp3guy

No, but go to jamsoc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jamesy-p

which is what- a jamming society? that's sounds interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Fairs day! Make sure you head to the sports hall and sign up. Jam soc will be the corner making the most noise! :D

While you're there you should join the music soc. If things are still going as planned, then its now one big umbrella society taking in Jazz soc, Composer soc and probably some dirty socs - all for the princely sum of 2 of your finest euros. (Not sure if Jam Soc is included).

This way, you'll get to mingle with the majority of the music heads on campus.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jamesy-p

ah, nice one. cheers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

mp3guy wrote: »
    No, but go to jamsoc!
    Class to see it'll still be going even though Killian and Steve have graduated. Go Jam Soc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Class to see it'll still be going even though Killian and Steve have graduated. Go Jam Soc!

Ha, I don't actually know if it is or not, i'm just hoping :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Surely there are undergrads who will take over the reigns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The Lynch Pin

hey dude, if you willing to play bass ive got a band for ya! me(darragh, just starting in maynooth this month) and two of my mates in DCU are in a band and we're lookin for a bassist. influences include kings of leon, muse, editors, u2 etc

and btw, when is fairs day!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Wednesday, the 1st of October, you'll hear all about it in orientation week. It goes on for most of the day. All the clubs and socs will have tables around the sports hall with members chatting about what goes on in each club/soc.

Advertisement