Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How common is cheating?

Options
  • 09-09-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, firstly have a little patience.
    My knowledge on online games like Halo is pretty limited. Never really got into the online gaming thing.
    Recently was playing Halo, like it and bought the game. I've played a hand full of games online, i'm ok, but wouldn't be great. Al.ot of the time in team games, I hear people online complaining about cheating,
    The thing is, i've no idea what they are talking about?

Is cheating common online? How do they manage it?

I know some guys, drop out so that they don't rank, staying at noob level but destroying everyone at that level. ( See the 2nd account thread)

But are there guys that have doner something to gain an unfair advantage.
    (mods: I'm not asking how to cheat, i'm just interested to hear what people do/how they do it)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭MegaSin

Mellor wrote: »
    Ok, firstly have a little patience.
    My knowledge on online games like Halo is pretty limited. Never really got into the online gaming thing.
    Recently was playing Halo, like it and bought the game. I've played a hand full of games online, i'm ok, but wouldn't be great. Al.ot of the time in team games, I hear people online complaining about cheating,
    The thing is, i've no idea what they are talking about?

Is cheating common online? How do they manage it?

I know some guys, drop out so that they don't rank, staying at noob level but destroying everyone at that level. ( See the 2nd account thread)

But are there guys that have doner something to gain an unfair advantage.
    (mods: I'm not asking how to cheat, i'm just interested to hear what people do/how they do it)

Alot of the time people bitch and moan about cheating when they are beat. Hardly anyone does cheat. But of course some crafty so and so do manage it. No Idea how though.

PS if you are up for some Halo gaming add me.

GT= MegaSin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

bout a month ago there was a picture file going around that crashed your xbox when you tried to view it. People would do doubles and reccomend tthe pic to one opponent, crashing their xbox and givin the team an unfair advantage and therefore the win and also, easy ranking up.

Some guy did it to my mate and he got talking to him about it. I think the bungie banhammer got him..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

MegaSin wrote: »
    Alot of the time people bitch and moan about cheating when they are beat. Hardly anyone does cheat. But of course some crafty so and so do manage it. No Idea how though.

PS if you are up for some Halo gaming add me.

GT= MegaSin

MegaSin ya bum licker! :P Whats crackin? Ya miss me kicking your ass on live?

Anyways I don't think many people cheat, there is just some guys with no lives who exploit every possible mini glitch or gap in a wall in the game. And they play way too much! Anyone who winges about it is just sick of gettin beatoz they are ****.

gamblitis wrote: »
    MegaSin ya bum licker! :P Whats crackin? Ya miss me kicking your ass on live?

Anyways I don't think many people cheat, there is just some guys with no lives who exploit every possible mini glitch or gap in a wall in the game. And they play way too much! Anyone who winges about it is just sick of gettin beatoz they are ****.

Please. You know I am the 1# player in Ireland:D

Get out of te country and back to some broadband!

I'll be back soon. 11 days and counting!!! :D:D:D God i'm gonna be so rusty! :(

• Advertisement

youve missed out, been doing so much mlg, my housemate is going to WCG too! So training with him!

I'd still kick your ass.

Grand, name date and time, 4v4. It shall be done.

Yes because you on a team with a guy representing the country is gonna make me wanna match! I was talking about a 1v1

lol cool, grand, sure when ya get back online give me a shout and ill play ya sometime Good stuff.

But for now, Back on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

host booting is pretty common at higher levels it involves flooding someone elses ip so they a. disconnect from the game b. there internet will be knocked offline for a few seconds or minutes.

Yeah i've seen that a good bit its so annoying!

Hey Korvanica I would be more then willing for some gaming.

Sometime tommoro

sure just add me, i dont know when ill be online next though, have to goto wexford for the weekend, grrr dial up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Iv seen host boosting alot (well maybe 3 times).

Aparently the new update is gna update the Ban Hammer and make it even more ban hammier.

That File share thing is unbelievably illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

I haven't played all summer but have actually gotten alot better than I was before the summer somehow. Anyway a guy asked me if this was my second account (which it isn't) because I was doing so well.

I love getting told I am cheating because I am doing so well : )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

The most annoying things are people who just turn on another controller and run around killing their other character...or in games of Oddball or King of the hill when they protect each other in an attempt to boost their sh*t ranks.

Not really cheating but as good as is when someone is so bad they have to resort to using the ghost to get kills. This should be removed from the Snowbound and Isolation levels.

Advertisement