Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet 10 MB with booster button!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

cramp wrote: »
    Hi m8 i have gone from 5mb to thier force 10....
    and i aint getting the speed, only coming in at 5.8mb..Magnety are saying that is teh max speed my line can take!

A friend of mine in Clare Hall is getting the full 10mb

cramp

So if I went to Magnet Force 10 package I should be able to get 10Mb no problem as I live close to Clare Hall in the Donaghmede area? I checked on the Magnet site and it says my line can take the 24Mb package yet when Eircom ''upgraded'' my line to 3Mb all I can get is 2.6Mb down, 312kb up. I have no idea where my local exchange is btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

So if I went to Magnet Force 10 package I should be able to get 10Mb no problem as I live close to Clare Hall in the Donaghmede area? I checked on the Magnet site and it says my line can take the 24Mb package yet when Eircom ''upgraded'' my line to 3Mb all I can get is 2.6Mb down, 312kb up. I have no idea where my local exchange is btw.

The local exchange is in Belcamp AFAIK. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

@captain chaos
    Yeah m8
    my m8 lives on Temple View green gets full 10mb, he says that he doesn't need the 24mb, and he doesn't know if that's capable...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I've had the 10mb line for a month now and think it's fantastic.
    Downloading at about 1 Mb/Sec through the PS3 and 700 Kb/s on torrents (depending on the source).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Thanks guys, think I will give Magnet a shot. I've had my fill of Eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

the only minor annoyance is the Telsey router they use

Just to reiterrate, that it is not a router, its a modem+switch+wifi-access point. You can hook up your own router/wifi unit to one of the ports if you want for full control, and you can ask them to disable the wifi on the magnet modem if you want.

Also, we upgraded from the 4mbps to the 10mbps Magnet Force 10 package 2 weeks ago and getting the full 10mbps/1mbps speed 24/7. There is no cap (fair usage) and pings to inex are running ~30ms. Our line can reach up to about 15 or 16mbps

The 10mbps download speed is held steady as far as frankfurt/copenhagen on speedtest.net (10

I'm on the dennehy's cross exchange here in cork.

340249181.png

340249575.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

just ordered magnet off the back of this thread, very very good customer service so far anyway - good to hear a person with a brain on the other end of the phone

Went for the Max 24 product just to see what my line is capable of - not expecting near the full 24 since i'm on the crown alley exchange and live in kilmainham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dasilva94

JNive wrote: »
    Just to reiterrate, that it is not a router, its a modem+switch+wifi-access point. You can hook up your own router/wifi unit to one of the ports if you want for full control, and you can ask them to disable the wifi on the magnet modem if you want.

Also, we upgraded from the 4mbps to the 10mbps Magnet Force 10 package 2 weeks ago and getting the full 10mbps/1mbps speed 24/7. There is no cap (fair usage) and pings to inex are running ~30ms. Our line can reach up to about 15 or 16mbps

The 10mbps download speed is held steady as far as frankfurt/copenhagen on speedtest.net (10

I'm on the dennehy's cross exchange here in cork.

I'm on the dennehy's cross exchange, the same as yourself.

I presume you were on eircom before, if so how long did the transfer to magnet take, and during this were you without broadband and phone?

Also were you able to keep your eircom number afterwards?

Thx in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dasilva94

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

just ordered magnet off the back of this thread, very very good customer service so far anyway - good to hear a person with a brain on the other end of the phone

Went for the Max 24 product just to see what my line is capable of - not expecting near the full 24 since i'm on the crown alley exchange and live in kilmainham

my expected go live date is the 5th of November, can anyone tell me do Magnet usually beat this date by much? i.e. will i get it early?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Mine would have been before the due date except the modem was not set up correctly, an engineer came out and replaced it. Everything completed within 3 weeks from order, was without internet for about a week, but I just tethered my computer to my mobile for the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

Dasilva94 wrote: »
    I'm on the dennehy's cross exchange, the same as yourself.

I presume you were on eircom before, if so how long did the transfer to magnet take, and during this were you without broadband and phone?

Also were you able to keep your eircom number afterwards?

Thx in advance.
    Another person on the Dennehy's Cross Exchange here, considering switching from BT. Do you play games online at all? If so, do you experience any disconnections or slowdowns while playing?

Advertisement