Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitchen Question..

• 09-09-2008 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

All..
    Build now progressing again and have been looking at Kitchens..
    We're considering including one of the double integrated bins into a unit, I don't know anyone who has one..
    Has anyone out there included one in their kitchen and offer nay advice/feedback..
    Thanks..
    bam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I dont have one so I can only offer my opinion:cool:
    I can only speculate that changing the bag might be aqward. I personally dont like having a bin in the kitchen as it can smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭harly1516

Fit them all the time dubble and silngle and never had a problem they only hold a small bag you change every day or two so they dont smell,
    great for recycleing keeping things apart

We originaly thought about having those, but decided against it on the grounds of smell etc.

We have a bin in the utility and a space for the recyclables next to the door, next one going out takes them to the "green" bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dreadnought

I got some from IKEA. got to be careful to make sure you leave enought room for waste pipes if fitting under sink space. changing bage etc not a problem though as them are fitted on a pull out slider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Calluna

My SIL has a sliding one, but it seems very small. I think if you are going to have a bin in kitchen, have it large enough that you don't have to empty more than every 2-3 days. If you don't put food waste in, it won't smell, but it's more annoying to have a bin that's always full. I saw some recently in a kitchen place where there were two side by side. Takes up a biggish space (500) but they were a good size bin and you could use one for waste and one for recyclables. One other point of note - SIL has her bin beside dishwasher, but you can't open door with bin in, while dishwasher is open (dishwasher at eye height) - annoying when you want to scrape plates before putting in dishwasher. hth

• Advertisement
Advertisement