Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 24" Monitor

Options
  • 09-09-2008 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Right ... Whats the best 24" samsung monitor to buy on the market @ the moment?

And yes it has to be Samsung :-)

was looking at this one ... cos it could double as a telly!

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=364179

Cheers

Daz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

MR DAZ wrote: »
    Right ... Whats the best 24" samsung monitor to buy on the market @ the moment?

And yes it has to be Samsung :-)

was looking at this one ... cos it could double as a telly!

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=364179

Cheers

Daz

Have the 22" of that series.

Pros: every connection under the sun x2 HDMI, Scart etc..
    Screen quality is not bad and the colours are bright.

Built in speakers (nothing fantastic at all but nice to have)

Remote control: makes switching modes and changing brightness on the monitor easy.

Cons:
    Stand is ****e: monitor will wobble if you hit of the table it is on.

The border around the screen is very shiny and reflective and the sides of the border reflect what ever is on screen.

This is not a major show stopper for me, I would only really notice this in windows with extreme white backgrounds, in games or films I don't notice it at all, but it could be the sort of thing that drives some people mental.

Would try before you buy if at all possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

funny that this thread pops up, im being exremely tempted by this its a hulluva lot cheaper than the TV one. But, if you really want to spend that money....just buy two.

im using the 22" version of it at work now, and its just fantablastic

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

funny that this thread pops up, im being exremely tempted by this its a hulluva lot cheaper than the TV one. But, if you really want to spend that money....just buy two.

im using the 22" version of it at work now, and its just fantablastic

was also thinking of this one. see my thread "24" monitor" from a few mins ago !!!
    It there that much in the diffference between the two 24" samsungs -one had hdmi - but i'll be using dvi anyhows.
    So you can reccommend the 22" version of it ?

Thx

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

ya, id recomment even the 22" version yeah. personally i think 24" is slightly overkill.

but hey, your e-penis can never be big enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

LOL

I used to work for Samsung ... so I can still get the staff discount through some of my old friends there.

So.. The 24" version is only costing me €260ish compared to the 439 on komplett

• Advertisement
Advertisement