Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit of advice plz re weight watchers

Options
  • 09-09-2008 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

I started weight watchers went to first meeting tonight so will be starting tommorrow. I am going to Spur restaurant tommorrow, what would be the best choice heres the menu http://www.menupages.ie/Restaurants/Spurs_Family_Restaurant/Menu.aspx

I am using the points how would i track these from here. :o Any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

If i were you I would go for soup or quesadillas (with guacamole) for starters and a a steak or ribs for main (no fries or onion rings- just with a side salad). High protein, low carb and tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

thanks for your help! its so awkward to choose when you can't see how things are being cooked. I wont know the points value either!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Soup is probably the best option, but it could be some creamy soup which would be quite high in points. Can you avoid having a starter? You will more than likely feel quite full after just a main course! Although if other people are eating starters it can be hard to resist, so maybe suggest sharing a starter with someone?

For main course the tuna salad would probably be the best. A bit boring though! The Feathered Sun Chicken salad looks lovely though, and it's full of no-point foods to fill you up.

If you fancy a steak then it's a point per ounce, so you could get the 5oz rump for only 5 points and treat yourself to fries as well! The BBQ Chicken Breast isn't too bad either as it's only a grilled chicken breast, and the seasoning is more than likely made up of chilli powder and other no-points seasoning.

Enjoy your meal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I used to work there, unfortunately. There are very few healthy options.

The soup is creamy, skip it.

If you MUST have a starter, go with the ribs. For main, the best options are the chicken breast (you actually get 2 breasts, not 1) with a baked potato and side salad (ask for no onion rings or coleslaw) or a small steak, with the same - or the prawn salad (prawns are very low in calories indeed). Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jomag45

Too late now I know, but for next time: Why not try to get in some intense exercise that day, then go and enjoy yourself and order what you like (within reason) without feeling guilty?

By intense exercise, I don't mean a 30 minute walk. I mean exercise for an hour, where you actually break into a sweat and get your heart rate high. I think the "starve yourself thin" diet is doomed to failure. Better to moderate your calorie intake (i.e cut out snacking, high fat foods, etc), and exercise more. Then you'll be better motivated and more likely to keep any weight that you've lost off permanently.

Just my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement