Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackboard issue

Options
  • 09-09-2008 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭

okay just went on to blackboard there to check for any announcements...

basically im still getting announcements for Philosophy even though ive dropped it in favour of Information Studies.just wondering will it automatically update my courses on Blackboard or do i have to do it myself??

if i have to do it myself could someone please show me how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I've switched around my courses a couple of times, and generally it takes Blackboard a day or two to catch up. I wouldn't worry about it for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Where abouts do ya go to download the lecture content that everyone and the lecturers keep going on about? I can't see it anywhere or is it not up yet?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's often well hidden in a folder called 'Course Documents' if memory serves me right.

Blackboard can take up to 3 days to get itself settled when you register - sit tight, it does usually work.

Red Alert wrote: »
    It's often well hidden in a folder called 'Course Documents' if memory serves me right.

Blackboard can take up to 3 days to get itself settled when you register - sit tight, it does usually work.

Cheers, also does say the content the lecturer put up from a lecture on Monday remain on the Blackboard to download at any time or is it remvoed after a certan period of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Cheers, also does say the content the lecturer put up from a lecture on Monday remain on the Blackboard to download at any time or is it remvoed after a certan period of time?
    Totally up to the lecturer. When I looked at Blackboard a couple of weeks ago, I was seeing content for my new courses that had been up since last September.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i found something from 2006 in one of my drama modules on Blackboard lol

bnt wrote: »
    Totally up to the lecturer. When I looked at Blackboard a couple of weeks ago, I was seeing content for my new courses that had been up since last September.
    kev_s88 wrote: »
    i found something from 2006 in one of my drama modules on Blackboard lol

Where were ya's looking in Blackboard to see this stuff? My Blackboard, Courses, Resources?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Two of my English modules aren't up on Blackboard. Is it because they're new or that I haven't fully registered?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Ive been signed up for Quantitive Analysis for Business since the beginning of last year despite not getting a place in it.

@BlackMamba, not all courses use blackboard, it's up to the lecturer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lilith

are any other premeds having problems accessing the physics notes?
    help :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

The first week or two of term blackboard can be a bit all over the place, to be fair, they are dealing with a lot of people switching modules etc and general late registrations.

Lilith, send in an email and say it to the lecturer you have for Physics. Is it still Mercer?

Lecturers like to know about these issues too and sometimes them sending an email can be more effective than a bunch of students sending them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lilith

mercer? yep, i think so...
    i'll do that anyway, thanks for the help! i wouldnt mind but physics scares the hell out of me :P still, its only premed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

sometimes i think that there is too much this kind of question on the forum :S

send en email to the helpdesk!

*i am just demanding we deserve some 'service charge' from the school...especially some boardsie are so patience and very helpful at this time of the year*

Advertisement