Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mercury Prize

Options
  • 09-09-2008 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

I see Elbow won.
    I always liked them, I love yer man Guy Garvey's singing and their records always sound big and warm.

He also has a great BBC Radio 6 program
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/garvey/

.... and they wear suits.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tweeky

Great gig in Vicar Street earlier this year, the guitar player is really good!
    It was a "you should have been there" gig as was The Bunnymen in McGonnagles, "Rage Against The Machine" Feile, U2 Dandelion, Tom Waits Ratcellar, Ennio Morricone Hammersmith Apollo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

tweeky wrote: »
    Great gig in Vicar Street earlier this year, the guitar player is really good!
    It was a "you should have been there" gig as was The Bunnymen in McGonnagles, "Rage Against The Machine" Feile, U2 Dandelion, Tom Waits Ratcellar, Ennio Morricone Hammersmith Apollo etc.

- and the Bulwojus Brothers in Banagher ...

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tweeky

naw, that wasn't as good as their gig in the bridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

dissapointed the Burial album didn't win.

An astonishing record by anyone's reckoning. I mean who would have thought a mix of ambient, dubstep and garage (Can I get a REWIND!) would sound so bloody incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Great band, great album, delighted for them after the tough couple of years they've had. The Burial album is good but not as good as the previous one in my humble opinion. Didn't see the list so I don't know who else was up for this but well done Elbow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement