Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT / Eircom broadband - check your bills

Options
  • 09-09-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi all. Don't know if this has been raised before.
    We have BT broadband... used to be on €ircom 25 pay-as-you-wait...
    I checked the BT bills early in the contract and found a curious €8+ charge each month - I chased BT who says it's a hangover from €ircom's dialup that €ircom pass onto BT who happily rip it from your bank. Advised by BT customer services to get a cancellation code from €ircom, I would get a refund of the monies from BT that they took from our account. Did this... gave it to BT who, after months of chasing now state that €ircom have pocketed this money (for their dial-up service that we don't have) and that BT will NOT give a refund - basically - on yer bike! Get lost... bye!
    Look at your BT bills everyone - if you had €ircom 25 dial-up, make sure you're not still being charged / ripped off. If you are - chase BT and €ircom. You'll not get a refund ... yet ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

That’s a monthly charge for Eircom dial-up because you never cancelled your subscription and has absolutely nothing to do with BT. One would assume that if you have broadband that you would no longer need a dial-up package but I’m afraid the onus would be on you to cancel the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Yep think Admol has hit the nail on the head, its up to you to cancel a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I got BT Broadband lately, and they mentioned on all of their letters you were responsible for disconnecting those services...

Hate tha'!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Mr NoTV

Yup. think you're right guyz. We believed the BT door-step-rep 1.5 years ago that on signing up, all would be sorted for us. Annoying that they led us to think there'd be a refund once we'd cancelled the €ircom25. Lost on that then. Cheers. Still feel ripped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Mr NoTV wrote: »
    Yup. think you're right guyz. We believed the BT door-step-rep 1.5 years ago that on signing up, all would be sorted for us. Annoying that they led us to think there'd be a refund once we'd cancelled the €ircom25. Lost on that then. Cheers. Still feel ripped.

Welcome to rip off Ireland I suppose!

• Advertisement
Advertisement