Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pool name

Options
  • 09-09-2008 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

According to the Observer, they're looking for name suggestions for the new pool. Any ideas?

- The <obscure James Joyce reference>
    -The UCDBum Memorial Pool
    -The Unsecret lake
    -The Hugh Brady Pool (over everyone's dead body)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This Should Have Been Built Years Ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

After the recent university re-branding, The Pool Pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

DA POOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

the "pool" hall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

The Thomas Murphy Swimming Pool. They already have a building named after Tierney and Conway so how about that former President.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Ah we have enough places named, just call it the swimming pool!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Whereabouts is it? I remember hearing about this years ago. Forgot all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

The Thomas Murphy Swimming Pool. They already have a building named after Tierney and Conway so how about that former President.

:eek:
    You know of Tom Murphy!! I'm his grand daughter. I'm showing this post to my family :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The Drowner

Do you see that people who have paid the new student centre levy without ever seeing it will get a whole meagre 6 month free? This is the type of facility that pretty much every other european university builds as an integral part of the infrastructure of the campus - why are we always playing catch up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Eh it's UCD.

We're now not allowing biscuits for tea breaks for meetings now either apparently.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

A Waste of Money

especially when steph wants her biscuits ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

UCD Dublin Pool.

That or 'Hahaha, we were just testing you.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

The Ulysesses.....

ANd yes, I want my biscuits, I mean that's the only reason I was a member of Arch Soc, they had savage coffee mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

The Ulysesses.....

ANd yes, I want my biscuits, I mean that's the only reason I was a member of Arch Soc, they had savage coffee mornings.

Coffee mornings? :eek:

Why wasn't I told about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Skinny Dip Cove

I'd say it will have a James Joyce reference. The Joyceter or The J Pool

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Gene pool

graduate wrote: »
    Gene pool

That is actually a brilliant name.

That is actually a brilliant name.

+1 :D

gubbie wrote: »
    :eek:
    You know of Tom Murphy!! I'm his grand daughter. I'm showing this post to my family :)

Thats nice, I dont know him but as a historian I know he was a past president of the college and there is already a Tierney and Conway building so why not one after him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭noelfirl

Thats nice, I dont know him but as a historian I know he was a past president of the college and there is already a Tierney and Conway building so why not one after him.

The Conway Institute is named after E.J. Conway (first Prof of Biochemistry and Pharmacology) not A.W. Conway (former el Presidente). That is unless there's another Conway building in UCD that I've never been aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 thedecline

The "about ****ing time" Pool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

The brady bunch pool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Here with UCD trying to keep up with all the fancy foreign colleges, why don't they not copy Oxford or Cambridge and give it some sort of latin name with a statue, e.g:

"Universitatis Collegij Dublinius Natatio Lacuna Et Homo Hominis Indomusatus"

Translation:

University College Dublin Swimming Pool of the Homeless Man,

it kind of has a ring to it, and noboddy will actually remember what it's called, perfect for UCD, nice and awkward like registering for modules!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

We could call it the Orange Sea after its washed the fake tan off all the D4's... :p

Advertisement