Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Storing luggage for the short term, while travelling Thailand /Aus

• 10-09-2008 1:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hello, I'm moving to Melbourne for work, but before i settle there I will be checking out Thailand for 2 weeks, and traveling east coast Aus for another ~3/4 weeks.
    I'm bringing an A3 portfolio of my work with me, and i'd rather not be carrying it around while i travel (I want to keep it in pristine condition!). Where could i store such an item in bangkok, and again in sydney? I have nothing at all lined up in Melbourne yet so have nowhere to post it :/

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

Most hostels and guesthouses in Bangkok offer luggage storage BUT be careful!!!
    I left a bag on mine in storage in a guesthouse on Soi Rambuttri (1 min from Kho San Rd) and it was gone when I returned a week later. The owner didnt want to know and neither did the police. I got a police report but was unable to claim anything back from insurance as I had no receipts for everything that was taken.
    It was more sentimental things than valuables though. All my souvenirs from China were in the bag. I was keeping them in Bangkok and was going to post them all home along with anything else i bought before heading to NZ :(

Can you do that Post Resistance (is that what its called???), where you send it to a Melbourne post office and they keep it there for a certain amount of time. You have to turn up with ID to collect it.

...could be an idea..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

cheers ill look into that spider - that would be ideal alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

God spider that's so sh*t. I know of people who left theirs with travel agents in BK for months with no problems at all. Think I'd be reluctant too though. You can definitely do that postal thing. My Aussie mate used to use it the whole time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

God spider that's so sh*t. I know of people who left theirs with travel agents in BK for months with no problems at all. Think I'd be reluctant too though. You can definitely do that postal thing. My Aussie mate used to use it the whole time.

Yep, it was pretty sh*t indeed.
    All my souvenirs...guide book for NZ...and all my winter-ish clothes (jeans, jumpers etc which I needed for NZ) were in the bag :(
    It did give me an excuse for a shopping spree once I landed, but I wasnt able to claim anything back from the insurance crowd. Grrrr.

I think I was just unlucky with the Guesthouse I picked. I'm sure 90% are probably legit.

Advertisement