Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio programmes about Musicals

Options
  • 10-09-2008 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any such thing here in Ireland? Maybe on Radio1 or Lyric?

When I lived in Melbourne I listened to joyfm.org.au and on Sunday nights (3pm Sunday here) they have a show called Broadway at Bedtime. They discuss local theatre productions as well as new shows in production around the world. They also speak to people in London to get all the news from there. It's on for 2 hours and they play all the great tunes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Lyric have a great show,Movies and Musicals,on Saturdays at 8.30am or the more lie in friendly time of Sunday at 3pm.they play some great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

I think 98fm or Q102 do a "music from the movies" show on a sunday at about 8pm...not exactly musicals per se, but well worth a listen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I always listen to Elaine Paige on BBC Radio Two - Sunday afternoons 1:00pm-2:30pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/paige/

So if you have NTL, just plug in your Stereo to the FM socket & enjoy!

Wall to wall Musicals :)

Advertisement