Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ working holiday visa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

JæKæ wrote: »
    How long does it take to get an New Zealand working holiday Visa?
    I am about to apply for one online, are we talking 2-3 months?

THis is the program:
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/irelandworkingholidayscheme.htm

Days
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/general/generalinformation/qanda/whsonline.htm
    How long will it take to process my application?

Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive a response in a matter of days. This might ask you to provide further information or it may be a decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Nice-didn't spot that!
    I'm in Canada and thought I was able to extend my visa, but it's all going pear shaped before my eyes. And I don't want to head home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Yep, as above I paid my €65 and applied online and got the visa two days later. Just printed off the e-visa they send you and presented it when I arrived in Wellington. That's when they stamped my passport with the visa. The process couldn't be quicker or simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Myself and my girlfriend are thinking about moving to NZ for a year at least. I am 24 with a degree in civil engineering and 4 years experience. She already had a holiday visa for Aus/NZ last year but only stayed 6 months. will it be difficult for us to get a visa, how long does it take and what is the best way to go about it? any info helpful...

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

If you already had a whv for aus/nz a few years back can you re-apply now if you want to return?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

PaddyCar wrote: »
    Myself and my girlfriend are thinking about moving to NZ for a year at least. I am 24 with a degree in civil engineering and 4 years experience. She already had a holiday visa for Aus/NZ last year but only stayed 6 months. will it be difficult for us to get a visa, how long does it take and what is the best way to go about it? any info helpful...

Huh? she had a holiday visa? then no trouble, if she had a working holiday visa then she won't be able to get another one. also you said she had a visa for Aus/NZ .. which one? Both? or a holiday in each country?

we can't give you info unless you clarify

PaddyCar wrote: »
    If you already had a whv for aus/nz a few years back can you re-apply now if you want to return?

No, you're only entitled to them once. If you only had an aus one before you can get a nz one and vice versa but you can't get the same one again.

As Hussey said. Which country did she have a visa for - aus and nz are different countries, you don't get one visa for both. Did she have a working holiday visa or a holiday visa?

I'm going to merge this with the other NZ visa thread - I also posted there and said that you cannot get a working holiday visa again if you ahve already had one for a country.

Advertisement