Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Apps

Options
  • 10-09-2008 5:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm doing a project using a mobile phone and I need to access the camera and take pictures. I have the Nokia 6230i but it turns out that this model doesn't allow access to the camera. So, basically I'm considering getting a new phone but I want to make sure that I'll be able to use it for testing this project.

Does anyone have any experience accessing the camera using J2ME and what phone did you use?

I'm a bit confused with all the symbian OS stuff and the different series of Nokia phones such as Series 40 3rd Edition and Series 60 and all that... I'd like to stick with Nokia but if anyone feels strongly towards a different brand then I'm all ears!!

Thanks a lot,
    M450

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I havent used it but i think you are looking for a device that supports Mobile Media API (JSR 135)

Have you seen this document?
    It lists the features of this api supported in nokia devices.

that what you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

That's great thanks a lot. Exactly what I need... now I just need some money to buy the phone!! ;)

Advertisement