Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promo CDs in Galway

Options
  • 10-09-2008 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭

Been gived the all clear by a couple of bands to use their songs for a promo cd,

Anyone got an idea of whereabouts to start in Galway? Making a CD on my own wouldn't be any problem but given I'd like the CD to have a decent print on the top rather than one of those blank CDs maybe a company would be the place to start.

Anyone know a company in Galway that could make about a hundred CDs with a sleeve and a display on the CD itself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I'd look to the US to get it done to be honest. Will probably be dirt cheap and better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Anywhere in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

These guys have been recommended

http://www.discmakers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

photoshop the cover and print it off on sticker paper?

edit: then stick it on the cd, would be a pain in the **** if your doing loads of em i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Doing a run of 100 would be v difficult. 250 might be possible. A run of around 500 is usually the norm to make it worth their while. It works out cheaper for you too per CD. There is a crowd in Dublin that do em but they're expensive, try these guys:

http://www.hofa-media.de/

Perhaps a split release between the bands might be the best option and get more copies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Ah, I see that it is that already. I think Hofa's min quantity is 300.

Advertisement