Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint Problems in Husky

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Lenni

If I get nowhere with the breeder I will be looking into taking legan action, and its nothing to do with getting money out of him its so that he cant get away with doing this. If we get tru to him and he offers help and that then I wont take action but I cant seeing him being of any help.

To be honest in the upset and shock of the whole thing I never asked what its called but I think its elbow displacia... The other thing I forgot to say is that the vet is not sure yet but thinks it could b starting in the other let too.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Oh Lenni thats heartbreaking :(

Deffo try get onto the breeder - use a different phone/payphone if you have to.. though the not answering is not a good sign :(

Wishing you and the family, and the puppy too, the very best though.

Thanks Beth. So far we have tried on 5 different numbers. I even have a friend trying. He is a pr1ck, soooo annoyed. My poor little pup keeps crying, I just dont no what to do with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

Lenni wrote: »
    Thanks Beth. So far we have tried on 5 different numbers. I even have a friend trying. He is a pr1ck, soooo annoyed. My poor little pup keeps crying, I just dont no what to do with him.
    this will sound harsh.but i'd put him down. vets arent too optimistic its starting in the other leg now also you said. not fair on the pup. he'll probably never be right anyway,this could be something that will give him bother his whole life plus something that will be very expensive/draining to treat over the years,in both a financial and emotional terms.
    im sure the vet's trying his best by you to give the pup every chance but its you that has to pay and its you that will probably end up having to give the go-ahead at the end of all this for the pup to be puy down.

I totally understand where you are coming from whitser, that is why I rang the vet on sat morning and said to him, do you honestly think he has a chance cause I dont, and if he doenst then I want him put down now. He said we need to give him a chance. I would feel very very selfish putting a dog down that I love just cause I cant afford it, but I no that is just emotions talking. Ill give it the 4 weeks, I honestly dont think he will be with us after that. If the vet says he has no chance then we will call it a day.

• Advertisement

Is there any other way of tracing the breeder - like DoneDeal or gumtree or something?
    Could have been a throwaway sim that was used just while having that littler. If they have another litter from another breed, they might be advertising them - have you checked?

Poor puppy :(
    Its upsetting, but please try not to go to him when he's crying. You'll be teaching him that crying=human company. If he does survive, he'll use that lesson for life and its hard to get him to stop.
    Go to him when he stops, and give him a bit of a gentle play so he sees quiet results in a bit of fun.
    Even if it is 4 weeks, 4 weeks of crying is going to drive you batty.
    Gentle play could be anything from a squeaky ball in his crate to a squeaky teddy or rattle. It doesnt have to be mad racing around or any major activity either, you can play with toys with him while in his crate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

I totally understand where you are coming from whitser, that is why I rang the vet on sat morning and said to him, do you honestly think he has a chance cause I dont, and if he doenst then I want him put down now. He said we need to give him a chance. I would feel very very selfish putting a dog down that I love just cause I cant afford it, but I no that is just emotions talking. Ill give it the 4 weeks, I honestly dont think he will be with us after that. If the vet says he has no chance then we will call it a day.[/quote

hope it all works out. you've nowt to feel guilty over if you do put him down,this isnt your mess.

Thanks for the advise guys, really appreciate it... Hopefully the cryin will stop if we dont go near him, i think he just doesnt no what is goin on. The phone keeps ringing out, so it is on, he is just not answering. I am keeping an eye on the buy and sell for him selling more pups, cause once he is then he will be taking calls so he will have to answer.
    I just cant get my head round the whole thing, we only have him 4 weeks. Just pity him u no. Its not 100% that he has it in the other let, the vet will check it in 4 weeks also.

Bit of good news. I rang the IKC and they were very helpful. Said his microchip only got put through their systems this morning, so the breeder will get the papers out this week. In the mean time I can write in a complaint about him, give all the details of what has happened and then they can take it from there. They will then give me all of his details and the original vets details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jenpup

Bit of good news. I rang the IKC and they were very helpful. Said his microchip only got put through their systems this morning, so the breeder will get the papers out this week. In the mean time I can write in a complaint about him, give all the details of what has happened and then they can take it from there. They will then give me all of his details and the original vets details.

that's great they were so helpful, fingers crossed you can get it sorted with the breeder and that the little guy is ok.

• Advertisement

Fantastic!!

Really sorry and will probably regret bringing this thread up but - please, how did you get on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

I'm absolutely shocked that a puppy could show such serious problems so young.

I hope the litttle fella is OK.
    Unfortunately Siberian Huskies are becoming VERY popular and puppy peddlars are breeding them en masse.

Hopefully the little guy is OK and this thread will be a warning to anyone looking to buy a puppy, to make sure the parents have had their hips scored (a general vet check is not enough).

Best wishes OP and please don't let this put you off dog ownership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tired

Hey peeps, as you know I know Lenni and Ziggy personally, just to update you since you asked, Ziggy was given back to the breeder on the basis that Lenni and bf felt it wasnt fair keeping him as they couldnt provide the care and time to see him through his problem but and its a big but the breeder has kept in contact with them and Ziggy is doing absolutely great, turned out he didnt need an operation, may need one in the future but at the moment he is living on a farm with acres of land to run free on and work up the muscles. So alls well that ends well. They havent got another dog as of yet (ive been annoying them to get one, my lil fella missed Ziggy awfully). If Lenni reads this sorry for replying for you but I know you were saying you havent logged on here in a long time... ;)

Thanks a million for posting, I'm the biggest wimp in the world when it comes to animals - and Siberian Huskies are my absolute favourite breed of dog. And I tried so hard not to click on the photo but when I did, I just had to ask as it was breaking my heart. Extremely delighted to hear that he is doing ok.

Hey all,

yep as Tired says he is doing really well. Still limping but being looked after very well. And Yes Tired is really going on at us to get another, he he, mayb some day!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Fair play to you Lenni. I followed this post from the start and i know you went through hell.
    Good on you for being persistent and doing so much for the dog...a lot of people wouldn't have bothered.

Glad to hear it was a somewhat happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thats great news! Delighted to hear it.

Also delighted to hear you didn't take the advice you were given here about putting him to sleep. I got similar advice when my pup got parvo, and he's flying it now. They really are more resiliant than people give them credit for.

Advertisement