Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile taken and calls made

• 10-09-2008 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi,

I lost my phone, and the f**ker who found it has made nearly €200 worth of calls. There are a couple of Irish mobile numbers that were texted and called (Vodafone and O2) – is it worth reporting this to the guards to follow up on the Irish numbers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

sasser wrote: »
    Hi,

I lost my phone, and the f**ker who found it has made nearly €200 worth of calls. There are a couple of Irish mobile numbers that were texted and called (Vodafone and O2) – is it worth reporting this to the guards to follow up on the Irish numbers?

Did you not try and cancel it when you lost it? By dialling *#06# you can get the serial of your phone (any model). Write it down and keep it in a safe place. If you lose your phone or if its stolen, report this serial number to the service provider and they can shut the phone down. I know this info is probably no good to you now but perhaps useful for the future

As for contacting the cops, I suppose you might aswell get in touch with them if someone has been essentially 'stealing' from you, although I don't know if they can do much without actually finding the phone in the guy's hand, no matter who he/she has called

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Definitely report it to the Guards and also make sure you report it to your network if you haven't already and get the SIM blocked.

Nothing might come of the Guards but at the same time you've got a long list of numbers so there is a chance they might be able to do something.

Wouldn't expect your money back, but report it !

Advertisement