Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cycling training groups

Options
  • 10-09-2008 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hey guys
    hope yer all well
    iv recently moved to dublin and i wish to join a training team, if such a thing exists.
    I am returning to fitness, but im not at all unfit, at the same time.
    im 23 year of age, and i dont drink, and have managed to go for a 10mile cycle at least onec every two weeks over the past cpl of months.
    is there any group in dublin or (cork at the weekends, since i go home at weekends sometimes) that might match up with my needs?
    thanks for the help,
    ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

hey guys
    hope yer all well
    iv recently moved to dublin and i wish to join a training team, if such a thing exists.
    I am returning to fitness, but im not at all unfit, at the same time.
    im 23 year of age, and i dont drink, and have managed to go for a 10mile cycle at least onec every two weeks over the past cpl of months.
    is there any group in dublin or (cork at the weekends, since i go home at weekends sometimes) that might match up with my needs?
    thanks for the help,
    ed

Easiest way is to join one of the boards spins! They're still pretty regularly on a Saturday morning. Just look for the posts.

It's a mixed group of all abilities, and the route is as tough as you want (can turn off any time), as well as being decided on the day usually

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

Hi,
    What part of the city are ye in?
    Whenever i've been off the bike for a bit I ususally go out to Enniskerry from the Dundrum area a couple of times a week. Its a pretty straight forward 30k ish. No climbs really but not entirely flat.
    When I find myself doing this in an hour then its time to step it up with some climbs.
    Don't over do it at the start and you'll be grand.

Advertisement