Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tyres for a culchie

Options
  • 10-09-2008 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

with the weather conditions of the last week driving conditions on the country roads have deteriated .. water logged , mud, muck & fallen leaves

I have decided to change the tyres on the daughter's T Yaris sooner rather later.

Need advise for best tyres (155/80 R13) for above conditions only other concern other than grip would be low ground noise as the car seems a tad loud on some road surfaces

Thanks in a advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

No idea, but love the title!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

I got a set of Vredestein rain/winter tyres lately, there pricy but excellent, cant spin the wheels or not skidded while breaking hard either, real quiet too
    coudent recomment more

• Registered Users Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep some of the vredesteins, ultracs might be good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

+1 for Vredesteins

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The tyre size is going to limit the range of available options, i'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

What you need is a set of 225,45,r18. Double up on size means you wont sink in bog land;) On a more serious note your really restricted on tires from the size wheel. Best place to go is to advance and im sure they will have a few ideas for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Anan1 wrote: »
    The tyre size is going to limit the range of available options, i'm afraid.

True.

Pirelli P3000 are an option too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

we use these:
    2007331122236.jpg

seriously though, we've ran with Vredesteins on the cars we have for the last 10 years, excellent tyres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

siralfalot wrote: »
    we use these:
    2007331122236.jpg

seriously though, we've ran with Vredesteins on the cars we have for the last 10 years, excellent tyres

I am just after giving €3K for two of these

Thanks for the replies will ring around & see what's availabe in the size

regards .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

Stay away from Nankang and you'll be fine.

My tyre fitter calls them "Ditchfinders" or sometimes the "Panel Beaters Best Friend" :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement