Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Focus 2009 range

Options
  • 10-09-2008 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

The new range is out on their German website

Looking pretty good, though one thing that stands out is the Variado Expert has been downgraded from Ultegra to 105, making it not quite the bargain it was if the prices remain stable.

Team Milram Izalco looks good, as does the new Cayo and Cayo Team Replica

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Hi, I know that a few o you guys ride Focus bikes. Had a look, and seem good value versus other names.
    If a person had €2-€2.5k to spend in a few months (January), would you buy a focus over other bikes in that range.
    I could be looking for a road bike (ideally with a triple set). Currently on a Spec Tricross, but want to use that exclusively for my commute and get a pure road bike for spins etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The Cayo seems to have Ultegra 6600 parts, which would make it pretty much the same as the current model Cayo. I'm going to see if Wiggle drops the price further on the 2008 model :)

They have 2009 Focus cyclocross bikes on the Wiggle website at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

ROK ON wrote: »
    Hi, I know that a few o you guys ride Focus bikes. Had a look, and seem good value versus other names.
    If a person had €2-€2.5k to spend in a few months (January), would you buy a focus over other bikes in that range.
    I could be looking for a road bike (ideally with a triple set). Currently on a Spec Tricross, but want to use that exclusively for my commute and get a pure road bike for spins etc.

It really depends on personal preference. At that sort of price, you've a whole lot of choice out there, and so I'd possibly say to go for something from someone else. My personal view is that they've hit the nail on the head with the Cayo as a reasonably priced and specced carbon bike (at 1500 quid), but the higher you're willing to spend, the more tempting other bikes become... for example the Trek Madone range.

Advertisement