Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xperia X1 coming in September.......in UK

• 10-09-2008 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

I think its too late myself, this phone looked the business 10 months ago.......now however I am not so sure.

Add to this the fact that all other Win Mo 6.1 phones are clunky as hell with menus and you could forgive me for thinking this phone wont be as smooth as the videos suggest.

What you all think?

Oh and whats with the 400Mb of storage???? Come on SE get with it.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/10/sony-ericsson-launching-first-round-of-xperia-x1s-on-september-3/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Well, I have my doubts about the x1 as well, but...
    As to the 400mb - at least SE ditched their overpriced cards for cheaper sd cards. As to the wm menu retardation: the panel structure's supposed to get rid of those probs, so we'll see if you still need a nun's patience and a stylus...
    (i use an asus p550 that I set up with touchpal, spb's pocket plus and mobile shell, and I never need a stylus, I can type almost as fast as on my nokia e61 thanks to touchpal - which rocks once you practice a couple of hours!)... So, with htc's expertise at ui improvement.....who knows!
    But then again: SE's high end has sucked for a good while, and I doubt this xperia is going to change it. Against the omnia, n96, i8510, iph*ne, upcoming "tube"???
    Personally, it'll be decided by their onscreen keyboard: I will not buy a phone where I need to slide out a horizontal qwerty to send a 3 word sms-reply! WM default sip is useless without a stylus, so they better have a really good touch-pad for text entry in addition to qwerty hardware keyboard. End 2008 we shouldn't have to rely on a 3rd party solution for easy text entry - that's be like the iphone's lack of copy and paste!
    I also hope the X1 will have a fully working version of opera 9.5!

Advertisement