Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to Cherrywood - Commute

Options
  • 10-09-2008 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of commuting from Maynooth to Cherrywood/Sandyford area (or similar) by car? The time of the departure is somewhat flexible as the job has flexi-time, so would have to be there between 7:30 & 10. Just wondering how long it would take both ways, when leaving at a time which would result in the shortest possible journey time (in the morning) and coming home during rush hour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

Dont know specifically how long to drive it, but i'd say the earlier you leave the better. While the M50 isn't too bad these days, the N4 at Lucan is pretty slow with the roadworks at the new overpass.
    An alternative is to get a 66x to Stephen's Green & Luas to Cheerywood which would be about 90min I'd say

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dowlinj

Thanks Buffman, don't think I'd go with the public transport option though, not at least until they extend the Luas to Cherrywood

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

I do kilcock to sallynoggin.

leave house @ 0645, hit cherrywood usually 0730

depends on the gobsh1tes on the m50 whether they test each others bumpers if i'm late or not :rolleyes:

Advertisement