Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

True Blood [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

basquille wrote: »
    Another great episode this week.

The one thing is.. I think I know who the killer is..

Bear with me..
    I'd be willing to bet money it's Terry - it's the oldest trick in the book. Introduce a small character a few episodes into the season.. then slowly integrate them more and more while the storyline is progressing. But never give them enough dialogue to really make them noticeable. Dexter - Season 1 anyone?!

Terry has been present more and more recently.. and his interaction with Sookie when he said something along the lines "there's some dead people I wish were here too!"

It's all a bit cryptic.. and I'd be willing to eat my large hat if it turned out to be someone other than Terry.

That's my main suspect at the moment too. I also think that
    Rene
    might be a possibility because
    1. The whole Arlene saying how good he was could be a lead up to her being duped.
    2. He was about the same size as the killer. Terry looked alot bigger as the killer was about the same size as sookie.
    3. He warned sookie off vampires.
    They're all rather small links but it's a possiblilty

The other question is
    who is the weird woman with the pig that just stood there when Tara crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

good episode alright.
    I had been thinking for a few episodes now that it might terry but it seems a bit too obvious or something at this stage. Especially with some of the lines he's been coming out with. It does seem very Dexter S1 if it turns out that way. So does Bill now have to take care of this woman if he has turned her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

matrim wrote: »
    The other question is who is the weird woman with the pig that just stood there when Tara crashed.

Or, why is everyone using spoiler tags in a thread that's clearly marked as *** Spoilers *** in the title? But seriously, that is a good question. Was she naked too? Very, very confusing. Was that pig on a leash? Need to check that ending again. Tara seems to have turned into her mother now, with the drinking and pushing everyone away.

On the killer, I think matrim might be on to something with Rene. He does have that aggressive side, advising Jason to put his woman in her place and all that. Basquille, would you like some salt with your hat? I'm glad they've brought that storyline back too, as it had gone a bit quiet on that front for a few episodes, to the point of it almost being forgotten. When Terry mentioned the dead people he wished were there too, I took it he meant his buddies that were killed in Iraq, and not town's folk he might have killed.

There are also Werewolves? Are we going to see them? Is Rene one? Are any of the existing characters one? I don't think so, as there's a lot going on in this show already, but still it's an interesting revelation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

The more pressing question is..

.. why does Bill persist in pronouncing Sookie as 'SSSHOOKIE!!"?

lol that's what I say to the brother "want to watch SSSHOOKIE tonight?" :D

A lot was going on in the last episode, it seems like the writers are only just touching the characters and already setting them up for the season finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Loved the opening - "I’m a shapeshifter." ....... "Shut the **** up!"

Lots going on in this episode and enjoyed it loads. I am in the camp of they are going down the route of the whole season 1 dexter thing for the killer.

I really hope they don't continue the episode cliffhangers into a season finale "mother of all" cliffhangers !!!

Opr

That's my main suspect at the moment too. I also think that
    Rene
    might be a possibility because
    1. The whole Arlene saying how good he was could be a lead up to her being duped.
    2. He was about the same size as the killer. Terry looked alot bigger as the killer was about the same size as sookie.
    3. He warned sookie off vampires.
    They're all rather small links but it's a possiblilty

The other question is
    who is the weird woman with the pig that just stood there when Tara crashed.

wp sir.

Opr

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ain't nobuddy done seen day finawlay o' True Blood?
    Boy, I was hog-wild at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just finished it there.. great stuff to be honest!

Although
    didn't expect the showdown with Rene to be over so quickly.

It has just the right around of taster plotlines for next season.. Bill back with the vampire Paris Hilton, Lafayette's body being discovered, how does Sam know Maryann, will Jason be brainwashed by the Fellowship of the Sun etc.

Stayed through the closing credits and it said season 2 has already gone into production to air in Summer 2009.

Definitely the best show of the season.. and a real shame that there's only a handful of us on here watched it. Think most people gave up after the dreadful pilot.. which I was close to doing but glad I didn't.

PS - was watching some Winnie The Pooh show with my 16 month old niece (I lie!) and it made me realise how much Rene sounds like Tigger at some points with the accent.. he rolls his R's and his words together.

It's all a bit cryptic.. and I'd be willing to eat my large hat if it turned out to be someone other than Terry.

Ahem. Salt with that? ;)

Great ending. But what actually happened to Lafayette? Was it a vamp? Maybe the other shape shifters? Or a werewolf even?

• Advertisement

jor el wrote: »
    Ahem. Salt with that? ;)
    Ha.. unfortunately someone on another forum I regularly post on spoiled that it was Rene soon after I posted my theory there. They read the books.. asshole ruined it for everyone on the thread! :mad: Needless to say he was banned soon after.
    jor el wrote: »
    Great ending. But what actually happened to Lafayette? Was it a vamp? Maybe the other shape shifters? Or a werewolf even?
    I imagine they're incinuating it's Bill judging by the fact the camera moved (as him) towards Sookie's house the same way as it moved towards Lafayette.. not to mention telling Sookie he fed.. but I'd eat my large diamond encrusted hat if it did indeed turn out to be him! ;)

Still, roll on Season 2.

but I'd eat my large diamond encrusted hat if it did indeed turn out to be him! ;)

Yeah, if it was any vamp that got him, I'd put money on that red headed tramp, who, incidentally, was looking a whole lot better as a Gothic schoolgirl.

Looking back at the end of episode 10, it was indeed a naked Admiral Kane with the pig, who I'm guessing is the mute butler. Wonder what she wants with stray black people, and/or Tara in particular.

It was a good ending to the season, wrapped up the main storyline well and opened just enough new ones to start us into next season.
    I really hope Lafayette isn't dead, I quite liked him as a character. Also anyone any ideas on who the body in the car might be?

I really hope Lafayette isn't dead, I quite liked him as a character. Also anyone any ideas on who the body in the car might be?
    <SNIP>

Reference to content in the book removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I imagine they're incinuating it's Bill judging by the fact the camera moved (as him) towards Sookie's house the same way as it moved towards Lafayette.. not to mention telling Sookie he fed.. but I'd eat my large diamond encrusted hat if it did indeed turn out to be him! ;)
    Has to be gay politician dude imo or like his goons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

I think I liked the finale, but I'll have to give it more thought. It was a little odd how things were resolved nearly half way through the ep and the rest was setting things up for the new season. Also, I didnt like how everybody figured out who the killer was in the same five minutes or so. Seemed a bit contrived!

I really hope that wasnt the last we've seen of Lafayette though, cause I enjoyed him as a character (kinda wrecks my head how they keep killing off interesting characters!). And I dont think it was explicit from the ending that it was him who turned up in the detectives car. I mean, why would his body turn up two weeks laters anyways?

Overall, I'm looking forward to the new season, especially since it looks like Michelle Forbes is going to be in it as a regular. Words cannot express how much I love this woman! :D

Also basquille, I hate to complain, but considering someone ruined things for you on another board by telling you what happened in the books (I'd throttle that person, so I would!), I dont think its the best thing to be giving away things from the books yourself, like you did in your last post (even if it is in spoiler tags). I didnt read the spoiler, but shouldnt we limit the talk and speculation here to what we've seen in the show, rather than what was revealed in the books?

• Advertisement

Also basquille, I hate to complain, but considering someone ruined things for you on another board by telling you what happened in the books (I'd throttle that person, so I would!), I dont think its the best thing to be giving away things from the books yourself, like you did in your last post (even if it is in spoiler tags). I didnt read the spoiler, but shouldnt we limit the talk and speculation here to what we've seen in the show, rather than what was revealed in the books?
    Well, I did mention "in the books.." and then a spoiler tag.

I mean it'd be obvious to someone that the spoilers referred to content in the book.

But suppose you make a good point, I'll remove it now so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I really hope that wasnt the last we've seen of Lafayette though, cause I enjoyed him as a character
    He has to be the best gay character on tv ever.

Lafayette and Jason were the best two characters in the show anyways.. without a doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

Well, I did mention "in the books.." and then a spoiler tag.

I mean it'd be obvious to someone that the spoilers referred to content in the book.

But suppose you make a good point, I'll remove it now so.

I just find that these days, with information flying about so fast on the net, sometimes its all too easy to happen across spoilers accidentally. Without trying, I've often spoiled books, movies, tv shows and comics for myself!

But you did take the added precaution of prefacing it with "in the books" AND adding spoiler tags within a spoiler warning thread so............I was prolly just being a bit anal :rolleyes:
    But thanks for the "snip edit" anyways! :)

Did anyone else think it was a little odd that Jason went along to that Sun Worshippers church, after he seemed totally bored by their booklet? He even told the guy who came to his cell preaching that he'd got to know a vamp and he wasnt all bad. I guess I was just a bit sad to see him led and coaxed as easily as he was............but we'll see what develops!

I really hope that wasnt the last we've seen of Lafayette though, cause I enjoyed him as a character (kinda wrecks my head how they keep killing off interesting characters!). And I dont think it was explicit from the ending that it was him who turned up in the detectives car. I mean, why would his body turn up two weeks laters anyways?

I think it was fairly obvious that it wasn't him in the car. Well unless he suddenly turned white :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Lafayette and Jason were the best two characters in the show anyways.. without a doubt!
    QFT. Next season should be really good if Jason goes all Christian. :D

Did anyone else think it was a little odd that Jason went along to that Sun Worshippers church, after he seemed totally bored by their booklet? He even told the guy who came to his cell preaching that he'd got to know a vamp and he wasnt all bad. I guess I was just a bit sad to see him led and coaxed as easily as he was............but we'll see what develops!

Yeah i really didn't understand this either. I mean Jason has been way the other side of the tracks in most of his views on vampires to that lot. Nothing was in the episode to show anything had changed and it was even reinforced that its not his thing with him showing little interest in the booklet.
    It was a big "WTF" moment for me when they showed the scene with him in the church !

The foot at the end i think was Lafayette. I mean it had painted toes and i remember a scene with him painting his toes. I think he would make a great Vamp so maybe thats were their going with his character ?

Overall really happy with the the finale and was the best season of all the shows i am watching at the minute.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    Yeah i really didn't understand this either. I mean Jason has been way the other side of the tracks in most of his views on vampires to that lot. Nothing was in the episode to show anything had changed and it was even reinforced that its not his thing with him showing little interest in the booklet.

Opr

I had a suspicion that he was going to go to them, mainly because when he was told he was going to be released he looked up in a "Jesus saved me" kind of way, and that is what the guy who came to see him said would happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Great series, however with the shield ending tonight/tomorrow I'm at a loss what to watch now. I've never watched 24 or Sopranos so I suppose I could give em a look in?

I've stopped watching Heroes and MNIE, I suppose I could pick em up again.

The Wire is the best TV show in the history of TV shows in the universe. Check out Generation Kill or Entourage for other quality off the top of my head.

opr wrote: »
    It was a big "WTF" moment for me when they showed the scene with him in the church !

Opr

Didn't the cop say something that it was a "miracle" that he's free again and I guess he just made the connection.

The Jason character is a laugh, especially when he was high and prancing around in the field :D
    Quite a lot of boobies been shown on tv series nowadays!

I wonder how much the show is taken from the book kinda tempting to pick one up to see if it's any good.

Block (8 wrote: »
    The Jason character is a laugh, especially when he was high and prancing around in the field :D
    Thought it was brilliant when himself and "Shoookie" reunited near the end of the last episode. And confessed to her how much she meant to him and that he was sorry, and he'd change. Then he almost fell over the coffee table! :D

He's about as far from Vinnie Patterson as you could imagine.. and a extremely talented actor. Shame he was wasted so many years in Summer Bay.

Thought it was brilliant when himself and "Shoookie" reunited near the end of the last episode. And confessed to her how much she meant to him and that he was sorry, and he'd change. Then he almost fell over the coffee table! :D

He's about as far from Vinnie Patterson as you could imagine.. and a extremely talented actor. Shame he was wasted so many years in Summer Bay.

I didn't realise he was in Home and Away. And I wouldn't have guessed he was Australian.

I also liked in that scene when he started rambling on about giving his truck to Rene and how if he wasn't dead he'd kill him. The realised Arleen (?) was there.

Yeah that was great, though I wasn't too sure if he meant it at first but was funny nevertheless :)

I didn't realise he was in Home and Away. And I wouldn't have guessed he was Australian.
    He is indeed Australian.. and has had a few lead roles in Hollywood. A somewhat decent horror called 'Dead Silence' to name one..

Classic Vinnie Patterson:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

http://whatsontv.co.uk/blogs/tvspy/true-blood/true-blood-airing-in-the-uk-%E2%80%93-some-good-news-and-some-less-good-news/
    We’ve had our Sherlock Holmes-style deerstalkers on and been investigating when HBO’s fantastic vampire drama series True Blood is coming to UK shores. The good news is that we can confirm that it’s been snapped up by the ace digital channel FX. The bad news is we’ve just learned that it’s not scheduled to air until next summer – so all you blood-thirsty fans out there are in for a bit of a wait. Thankfully, there’s plenty of great new US drama to keep us going until then, and we’ll keep you updated on all things True Blood-related until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Gotta love fx. They snap-up shows and then hold onto them for 7 months before deciding to air 'em.

Utter morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Started watching this two days ago and just finished it now. What a weird and wonderful show. And as addictive as V blood, I came home from a party at 4am last night and watched an episode.:D

I wonder if a lot of people here have avoided it because of Twilight? I first read about True Blood in an article which also referenced Twilight and when described together it really makes the series sound turgid. The forbidden love of a vampire and a telepath sounds like emo-Desperate Housewives. I'm glad I gave it a shot though, it's a brilliant show.

Glad you enjoyed iguana.. I was unsure of it because it reminded me of that axed show from last year 'Moonlight' but thought Alan Ball's involvement should count for something.

Hated the first 2 - 3 episodes, but it quickly became the most enjoyable thing on the telly this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Anyone any idea what date in April season one of this is starting on FX, or Channel 4 as Wiki states?

Bump for this!

I didn't think it'd be back so soon.. but the second season of True Blood will be starting on HBO in June 14th (less than 2 months away).

Full news here including a couple of preview shots
    D-FENS wrote:
    Anyone any idea what date in April season one of this is starting on FX, or Channel 4 as Wiki states?
    Channel 4 have just said later in 2009.. no date is confirmed as of yet.

FX were supposed to starting airing it this month, but this indicates otherwise - not until July seemingly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Channel 4 have just said later in 2009.. no date is confirmed as of yet.

FX were supposed to starting airing it this month, but this indicates otherwise - not until July seemingly!

Thanks, hopefully it won't get put back again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Excellent show. Didn't really have much expecation for it cause of how ridiculous the premise sounded(which in turn makes it very hard to get people to watch it)

I was wondering for ages where I saw Jason before and couldn't believe it was Vinny in Home and away :D Brought back memorys there.

Glad to hear it done well in the ratings. Hopefully it will have a good few seasons, and like most HBO shows, it doesn't fall below the quality of original seasons.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Hopefully it will have a good few seasons

Or a few good seasons, even. Eagerly awaiting it's return now.

• Advertisement

True Blood creator Alan Ball has tapped Evan Rachel Wood to play the pivotal role of Sophie-Anne, the vampire Queen of Louisiana

JP Liz wrote: »
    True Blood creator Alan Ball has tapped Evan Rachel Wood to play the pivotal role of Sophie-Anne, the vampire Queen of Louisiana
    I'd "tap" Evan Rachel Wood too... who's with me?!?

** HIGH FIVE! **

I expect spoilers about the first season (which I have seen) but not spoilers about the season to come.

truebloodposter_l.jpg Sink your teeth into this exclusive first look at the official new key art for True Blood's 12-episode second season, which kicks off June 14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I only heard about this show couple of days ago and I went and watched the 12 episodes yeasterday and today. I've got to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not hot on the writing of the female leads however I really love the originality of the show. I knew from just reading the premise of the show that I was going to enjoy it. I particularly enjoyed the characterization of Sam and of the V subplot.

I'm glad this show is on HBO as for once I can rest easy knowing a show that I like is in safe hands. The Wire is one of the best series that I ever seen and it got five seasons from HBO in spite of underwhelming ratings and a backlash from the public due to their portrayal of certain social issues.

Can anyone tell me what channel over here shows True Blood?

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what channel over here shows True Blood?
    It's airing on FX from July.

http://www.skymedia.co.uk/Advertising/TV/true-blood-on-fx.aspx

• Advertisement

Sorry for possibly bending the rules, I posted first, then went over the thread.
    Ha.. unfortunately someone on another forum I regularly post on spoiled that it was Rene soon after I posted my theory there. They read the books.. asshole ruined it for everyone on the thread! :mad: Needless to say he was banned soon after.

I would of hated that. One of the things I liked about the show is how it was impossible to predict who the killer was. At first I was convinced that it was Sam, especially after let himself into Dawn's house and then started to sniff her sheets (so glad they eventually explained that).

Then I started to think it was Terry due to his weird behaviour and throw away comments such as "there are people I wish weren't dead too". Then I became suspicious of Hoyt simply due to his mommy issues and his lack of ability with the ladies. I even started to think it was Andy due to his increasingly obsessive attitude and of his hatred for Jason (thus trying to frame him).

So by the time they tell you that it was Rene, it really catches you out of the left field. Very clever writing.

I reckon it was Eric making good on his threat in the bar to hurt those who have hurt his people by sending a minion to kill Lafayette for his dealing of V. But I really hope Lafayette isn't gone from the show, hopefully he was sired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    So by the time they tell you that it was Rene, it really catches you out of the left field. Very clever writing.

I managed to guess it was Rene about 10 minutes before the reveal. When it was revealed that the woman Sookie had the vision of had a brother, as there has been a weird seen fairly early in the series where Rene had stood up for Sookie and mentioned how he'd like his sister treated. It was set up very well, as it seems like a sweet scene and makes you like Rene, but is very creepy in retrospect.

iguana wrote: »
    I managed to guess it was Rene about 10 minutes before the reveal. When it was revealed that the woman Sookie had the vision of had a brother, as there has been a weird seen fairly early in the series where Rene had stood up for Sookie and mentioned how he'd like his sister treated. It was set up very well, as it seems like a sweet scene and makes you like Rene, but is very creepy in retrospect.

Well spotted!

The only thing I could think of prior to the last episode was when Jason told Hoyt and Rene that Amy was into V. So they would have been the only two that knew she was taking V, but I would have still thrown everything at the killer being Hoyt at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

cannot wait for the new season....watched all of season one in a couple days and roll on next week! cant wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I'd "tap" Evan Rachel Wood too... who's with me?!?

** HIGH FIVE! **

I can't believe no-one replied to this. I'd tap her after you...Maybe even cross swords for the opportunity.......Just don't mention 13......it's wrong........

• Advertisement
Advertisement